Food weaknesses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Mars Bars

Used to buy the multi-packs of nine, eating two a shift.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Tunnocks caramel wafers.

I can't have them in the house - they're the crack cocaine of the biscuit world ^_^

It was amazing. Like, seriously. If donner calzones had been around in ye olden days then it would have ousted ambrosia as the food of the gods.

Have you tried a donner nan calzone yet? Where the pizza base is swapped out for a nan bread? :hungry:

MikeG

Guru
I could quite happily eat a whole 500gr packet of raisins at any one time
Does anybody else have these food related weaknesses ?

Marzipan. The proper homemade stuff with ground almonds, sugar, egg, and a little almond essence, not the tasteless gunk that passes for marzipan which is sold by the supermarkets.

Let me tell you a little story.....

The Maasai believe that their god/s gifted them all the cows on the planet. Every single cow in the world is theirs. Even in countries which they've never even been to, like Britain, for instance. They simply don't understand why their neighbours get so upset when they go and take a herd or two from them by force, because obviously all they are doing is returning their possessions to their rightful owners......themselves.

I take the same view with marzipan.

vickster

Legendary Member
Greek yoghurt with honey, i can eat 4 pots at a timexx( pain au raisons,, any thing with caramel
Oh yes, pain aux raisins...however, they have to be just so. Preferably warm, not over cooked (a very light brown), perfect balance of custard to raisins, a perfect freshly cooked one from Pret A Manger is extremely hard to better, especially when they get the skinny wet latte right alongside!

M&S can get them right too, but often they are overbaked, ditto the Coop. Waitrose ones can be ok if fresh and not too dark but they are small, Tesco are poor as are Sainsbury's, Caffè Nero have gone down hill and Costas are just bloody awful. Not tried Patisserie Valerie or Paul lately...

Not that I'm experienced in the consumption of such delicacies or nuffink :rolleyes:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Oh yes, pain aux raisins...however, they have to be just so. Preferably warm, not over cooked (a very light brown), perfect balance of custard to raisins, a perfect freshly cooked one from Pret A Manger is extremely hard to better, especially when they get the skinny wet latte right alongside!

M&S can get them right too, but often they are overbaked, ditto the Coop. Waitrose ones can be ok if fresh and not too dark but they are small, Tesco are poor as are Sainsbury's, Caffè Nero have gone down hill and Costas are just bloody awful. Not tried Patisserie Valerie or Paul lately...

Not that I'm experienced in the consumption of such delicacies or nuffink :rolleyes:

Hmmm ....

vickster

Legendary Member
760AA073-37A7-459D-BED2-3A1871DC8A22.jpeg
Hmmm ....
Indeed. I even got a special end of year award at work one year!

And a pret gift card from secret Santa!!

Top Bottom