Food weaknesses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Blimey, you swept the board there..... :ph34r:
No I didn't get those, just the cycling miles per PAR award

vickster

Legendary Member
Fish and chips cooked in beef dripping I would have everyday with scraps mushy peas and 5 slices of bread

Unfortunately down in the south where I now live they can’t cook them for toffee and they are awful and so I am still alive
I had lardy fish & chips in Aldeburgh not so long ago...not to my taste but not too far from Cambridge for you ;)

C R

Guru
Fish and chips cooked in beef dripping I would have everyday with scraps mushy peas and 5 slices of bread
Ahh, chips fried in lard. When I were a lad, back in the mists of time, growing up in the farm we used to raise our own pigs for meat. These pigs had a lot of fat, I am talking an inch thick under the skin.

One of the cuts would be slabs of this rind, put in salt for a couple of weeks for preservation. You then would take slices, not too thin, fry them, and then fry the chips in the fat left in the pan. Heart attack on a plate. I am hungry now.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Ahh, chips fried in lard. When I were a lad, back in the mists of time, growing up in the farm we used to raise our own pigs for meat. These pigs had a lot of fat, I am talking an inch thick under the skin.

One of the cuts would be slabs of this rind, put in salt for a couple of weeks for preservation. You then would take slices, not too thin, fry them, and then fry the chips in the fat left in the pan. Heart attack on a plate. I am hungry now.
:hyper: :hungry: :becool:

vickster

Legendary Member
Could be paler..,let’s see

Attachments

• 09F6D386-491B-4393-8579-5103F65C3CCD.jpeg
    09F6D386-491B-4393-8579-5103F65C3CCD.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 27
Top Bottom