Foods that you crave but ultimately disapoint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
It's all in the title but...ok so everytime I look at a tin of new potatoes I think I want them but I know they will actually disappoint....
So what are your perceived cravings?

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Crunchy nut
Quavers
Go ahead biscuits
Naan bread

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I found a jar of Bisto instant curry sauce granules today, and being a lover of curry sauce and chips, I bought the jar and spent all afternoon anticipating a chippy tea. Absolutely disappointing on many levels; colour, flavour, transparency... all wrong :thumbsdown:

I'll stick to the concentrated curry sauces from the Chinese supermarket in future

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
In my experience, the bigger they are the more likely they are to taste like a slightly sweet watery mush:

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Artichoke- never tastes of much.
Strawberry Ice Cream WTF!
Chips. It the crunch and the carbs that make you keep scoffing. in reality they just ain't tasty.
Langoustines, love my seafood but these are always mushy and tastefree.

I could continue but...

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
oK

Pork Pies. Love the idea but the taste is from the pickle/mustard/HP.
Steak unless its really good, most of it is just tough tasteless meat.
Salad without dressing.
Chrisps see Chips above and add salt.
"Gravy" why would I want the same brown muck over Chicken/Pork/Beef/Anything. Make it fresh with the juices and yabadabadooo!

Sorry but why did you get me started?

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Love foood and variety but whoever came up with ....

Popcorn
Microwaved scrambled eggs. (Try cooking them yourself on lowest possible heat. 35 minutes minimum. Gorgeous)
English(wherever) fried breakfast. Twice a year is fine Thank you,
Tripe/Andouliette/Gitlins Love offal but....
Chinese Chicken Feet or Fishhead. err never again thanks.
Quince with Cheese. Why?
Jaegermister/Breezers/Buckies/Bailey's..etc We've had 10 000 years + developing delicious wines, beers and proper cocktails. Enough already.

Sorry but I'm really trying to stop ....

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Spring rolls from the chippy. When i was a lad, i remember them being super nice. But now, they are tasteless and fall apart. I've tried them at different places... It's entirely possible my tastes were simply different as a kid but equally perhaps they are just rubbish these days...

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Love foood and variety but whoever came up with ....

Popcorn
Microwaved scrambled eggs. (Try cooking them yourself on lowest possible heat. 35 mins mins, minimum. Gorgeous)
English(wherever) fried breakfast. Twice a year is fine Thank you,
Tripe/Andouliette/Gitlins Love offal but....
Chinese Chicken Feet or Fishhead. err never again thanks.
Quince with Cheese. Why?
Jaegermister/Breezers/Buckies/Bailey's..etc We've had 10 000 years + developing delicious wines, beers and proper cocktails. Enough already.

Sorry but I'm really trying to stop ....
I'm with you on English breakfasts. Sausages shouldn't see the light of day until noon.

Top Bottom