Foods that you crave but ultimately disapoint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
About once a year I crave a Pot Noodle, usually chicken and mushroom just because they featured large in my youth.
Eurgh. Every time, I regret that decision about two thirds into it. And then the Pot Noodle goes on to remind me that I've eaten it with every MSG laden, synthetic burp for the next 5 hours.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Corned beef hash, love it but a few hours later remember it doesn't like me, now laying here with indigestion again. I'll remember in future...not!

Dave7

Legendary Member
As above......chip shop fish n chips. They disappoint so often.
There is one at New Brighton that gets it right. One in Parkgate also but that possibly because they are eaten within minutes.

Tribansman

Veteran
Fray Bentos pies - but still a bargain
Potato waffles - always hope they'll taste of something
Sweet potato fries - always soggy
Olives - I want to like them but still don't!
Basil - just tastes weird

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
KFC.
I once had a delicious meal when I was a teenager. I’ve been chasing that same meal about one a year ever since but it never matches the original experience.

Julia9054

Guru
KFC.
I once had a delicious meal when I was a teenager. I’ve been chasing that same meal about one a year ever since but it never matches the original experience.
Al does a brilliant home made version of KFC. It's to die for. Though it does leave the whole kitchen splattered with grease so still not particularly good for you

stephec

Legendary Member
I had a hankering for Findus Crispy Pancakes a few years back... found them in Iceland, 50% extra free... bargain!

They were disgusting. How did I eat so many of them when I was younger?
Same here, when I was a student in the late eighties I used to O/D on the minced ones deep fried.

Tried them again a few years ago and they're not the same now.

Top Bottom