Foot issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
yeh i got shimano m530 spds.

did a lot of moving and measuring etc today with saddle, stem etc etc. during the testing period of approx 25mins and didnt get any aches or pains. so will give it a longer go tomorrow and see what happens

i have pedals straps in the attic room, so can try them tomorrow too.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
front of knee ache = to low seat height, putting your cleats all the way forward lowers effective seat height.
calf ache = cleats to far forward.
where on your foot does it hurt?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

front of knee ache = to low seat height, putting your cleats all the way forward lowers effective seat height.
calf ache = cleats to far forward.
where on your foot does it hurt?
only my right foot
, around the outside of the foot down to the mid foot position

seat height and knee pain isnt my problem

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
if i remove the cleats, pedals and use pedal and straps. can i still use my shoes?????

Personally, I would change the lot and use training shoes for the moment. I find them kinder to the feet than cycling shoes. Cycling shoes have very hard slippery soles. I wouldn't want to use them without cleats.

Steve

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Personally, I would change the lot and use training shoes for the moment. I find them kinder to the feet than cycling shoes. Cycling shoes have very hard slippery soles. I wouldn't want to use them without cleats.

Steve
they definately dont have slippery soles steve

OP
OP
J

jowwy

It does sound like a shoe issue rather than being attached. I don't have an answer just an amateurs view.
but its happening with all 3 pairs

2 pairs of northwave and the pair of mavics

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Ahh you said your knees hurt and your calves ache when you put the cleats forward, i was addressing that issue.
sorry cyber, putting the cleats forward caused the calf and knee issues, pulling the cleats back is causing outside of the foot issues.

so i'm trying to get rid of the outside of the foot issue, by not causing another one. i'm just getting very frustrated with the whole problem

albion

Guru
Its really starting to annoy me now, as i don't feel i can train long enough to get the benefits i'm looking for i.e weight loss and fitness for longer distances

You don't even need cleats for that. Find an old pair of walking boots and try them. Trainers mentioned have too soft a sole for longer rides.

BTW It took a good 6 months for my foot issue to drift away. The pain would usually start at 50 miles +

OP
OP
J

jowwy

You don't even need cleats for that. Find an old pair of walking boots and try them. Trainers mentioned have too soft a sole for longer rides.
i would prefer to be clipped in if i can sort the issue out, i cant use flats alone witnout some sort of foot retention.

vickster

Legendary Member
I was getting pain in foot quite quickly and ankle after longer distances, Specialized footbeds for high arches solved the issue pretty much

Top Bottom