Foot issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VamP

Banned
Sure. Try all your changes with your most comfortable fitting shoes and see where that takes you. Overheating on turbo is your most likely cause of additional discomfort, as feet swell in size. It's all pointing back to sizing for me... Try really thin socks?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Sure. Try all your changes with your most comfortable fitting shoes and see where that takes you. Overheating on turbo is your most likely cause of additional discomfort, as feet swell in size. It's all pointing back to sizing for me... Try really thin socks?
will do - even thought of no socks, but then worried about foot rub - the thing is, it's only my right foot which is why its confusing the hell out of me.

what i have just realised is the last two nights i have been using my heatgear socks, which has probably not helped - doh doh doh:cursing:

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
My foot problems were much worse in the hot summer weather...thin socks definitely needed

Is it your right knee that is dodgy, if so, it could presumably be a bio mechanical wonkiness

That said my pain was mostly in the right foot and it is my left knee that is fubar'ed

Andrew_P

In between here and there
OP
OP
J

jowwy

My foot problems were much worse in the hot summer weather...thin socks definitely needed

Is it your right knee that is dodgy, if so, it could presumably be a bio mechanical wonkiness

That said my pain was mostly in the right foot and it is my left knee that is fubar'ed
yeh its the same knee/foot - the joint to the outside of my right knee, is no longer - i broke it and the peice of bone broke away so it never heeled back properly. Surgery cleaned up the area that was broken to minimise arthritis in later life, but i get no pain there at all tbh.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Don't overdo it on those turbo sessions Jowwy; it's easy to beast yourself and leave nothing for the real thing at the weekend. Remember that the improvement in strength and fitness takes place during the rest after the beasting session. Do you use a heart rate monitor?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Don't overdo it on those turbo sessions Jowwy; it's easy to beast yourself and leave nothing for the real thing at the weekend. Remember that the improvement in strength and fitness takes place during the rest after the beasting session. Do you use a heart rate monitor?

:S

VamP

Banned
So to beast or not to beast? That is the question.

I'd say beast all the way!

OP
OP
J

jowwy

sorry but i'm a beaster on the turbo - can't just sit there and dawdle, don't see the point in that at all

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hope your sorted :smile:
If i had room for a turbo i would love to do some interval training but theres no where in the house that the kids can get at and no room in the shed :sad:

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Did a full training session last night and had no foot issues after all the changes i made

Except the busting of my seatpost clamp the session went well

Hooray, i hope

OP
OP
J

jowwy

What did you do in the end?
lots of things - saddle back, saddle height changed, nose levelled, shorter stem, lowered stack, - in the end i felt less pressure on my feet during the pedal stroke, also used thinner socks, and i found out mavics have two strap positions that can be used, so used the loosest position and the tightest position and both were ok

so will use loose position on turbo sessions as its pretty warm in my house and the tighter position out on the road and see what happens

Top Bottom