Foot issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Along the outside mostly and into ankle. Also hot spots on ball of foot solved by moving cleats into correct position as well

Globalti

Legendary Member
Try some Specialized BG insoles; they really are comfortable. Get them from Eblag.

vickster

Legendary Member
This ^^^ Mine came from one of the cycling websites, £20 very well spent

I have the green ones due to high arches

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ha ha, I bought some Sidi cycling shoes from a cycling jumble for little money but found them really cold and uncomfortable. Little did I realise.... they had no insoles so I was on the thin cardboard layer on top of the plastic soles! I didn't twig until after I'd flogged them on Ebay. Muppet.

vickster

Legendary Member
Were can i get them from vickster
Sigma sell them for example, but you may be best to go to a Specialized BG fit centre or retailer locally if you have one

Are Tredz in your part of Welsh Wales for example? I am not sure where your sofa is located ;)

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-BodyGeometry-SL-Footbeds_61668.htm

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It sounds like it could be caused because your feet are clipped into a static position, possibly the wrong position. As you know there is so little room for adjustment.

Like I said before Jude trainers for a while and see if it helps.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Get the BG insoles and stick with the pedals and cleats; your feet will take some time to get used to te new posture and being restrained in the shoes. Mine hurt on the otside edges when I first went over to road riding but after a few months the tenderness went away. In 22 years of mountain biking it wasn't a problem because you're on and off the bike so often.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
ok - little update

woke up this morning with zero aches and pains after all the adjustments i made yesterday - so going to try a full turbo session tonight and see how it goes.

VamP

Banned
mavic fury mtb shoes

As it happens, I killed my Spesh shoes at the Nationals last week, and as I needed a replacement in a hurry, found the Fury's in my size on CCR. They just arrived and I have to say, they are full-on race shoes, so not the most forgiving if you have foot issues, the sole is rock stiff carbon plate. I would imagine that even small sizing problems would be amplified dramatically.

Are your issues of the same severity with the Mavic's as they are with your Northwaves?

A slight aside - it would be a heinous crime to use the Fury's with platform pedals!

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
As it happens, I killed my Spesh shoes at the Nationals last week, and as I needed a replacement in a hurry, found the Fury's in my size on CCR. They just arrived and I have to say, they are full-on race shoes, so not the most forgiving if you have foot issues, the sole is rock stiff carbon plate. I would imagine that even small sizing problems would be amplified dramatically.

Are your issues of the same severity with the Mavic's as they are with your Northwaves?

A slight aside - it would be a heinous crime to use the Fury's with platform pedals!
i have to be honest VamP - the issues are more seviere when on the turbo than when out on the road - the northwaves less so when on the turbo and the new northwave boots even less as i got a wider fitting

what i'm trying at the moment is using the northwaves when on the turbo and keeping the mavics till i get out on the road with them more in the spring/summer months

i'm basically trying anything at the moment, without splitting my head open on the wall :banghead:

Top Bottom