Foot Pain (Sole of foot)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
hi folks
wondering if anyone has experienced this foot pain?
it's roughly where I've circled (not my foot
wink.gif
)
I feel the pain when the foot bends upwards at the toes while walking, or if I was walking over rocks etc where you would get extra pressure

seems to have come on gradually, didn't have any impacts or the like
I don't really feel it while cycling but it could be related

it's just the middle toe on the left foot

Extremity_sole.jpg

Freiberg infraction

Basil.B

Guru
I get a pain in my big toe on my left foot.
Suddenly get a sharp pain and hurts to walk on for a few minutes. Not sure if it's cycling related though.
If you use clipless pedals it might be the position of your cleat is not quite right.

Morton's nueroma is another option, but I would suggest you visit your gp not the internet. If it is Morton's nueroma you'll want to get it seen to quickly. It can stop you walking completely! I know that from experience
Good option too and very painful. However, loving playing doctor doctor here, I think not. He would have reported burning pain. Anyone else with aches and pains, apply within, the doc will be with you in a minute.

I am not a doctor, but I will take a look.

Good option too and very painful. However, loving playing doctor doctor here, I think not. He would have reported burning pain. Anyone else with aches and pains, apply within, the doc will be with you in a minute.

I am not a doctor, but I will take a look.
It wasn't a burning pain for me and I suffer from the condition in both feet. My right foot bring the worst. I think what he had will depend largely on if it is between the metatarsals or under or over the metatarsals I guess.

For me it started off as a small pain, similar to being stabbed (which sadly I have been by my brother, don't ask) and progressed to an acute sharp pain which prevented me from walking more than a few metres. It was never a burning pain though even at its worst when it prey much crippled me for a month until I got custom orthopaedic inner sole with huge metatarsal lumps in them which after about 8 years I still use every day but the pain has now finally gone. Mind you I'm on that much pain meds at the moment, plus nerve pain meds it could be playing up and I wouldn't notice!

Slioch

Guru
I've experienced a similar pain when both hillwalking and cycling.

With the hillwalking, the solution that worked for me was to throw away the cheap insoles that came with the boots and invest in a decent set of footbeds which provide proper support under the arch of the foot. I still get the pain from time to time, but normally only towards the end of the day when I've been on a long walk over rough ground.

With cycling, I use SPD's and I think the position of the cleat was causing a pressure point on a sensitive part of the foot. The solution was to move the position of the cleat a couple of millimetres back towards the heel which resolved the problem.

Top Bottom