Football World Cup - Russia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, the European Champs start on the 2nd August - athletics, gymnastics, all sorts of other sports. In the mean time, there's the TdF, a couple of Grands Prix, the BTCC from Snett...

And I've been catching up on stuff on the i-player that I missed while watching all that footy LOL.

Failing that, there's always a box set or three...

Is that good? Bad? :scratch:

Should I be running to what passes for hills out in this neck of the woods? :surrender:

Don’t worry about it.

Watching every kind of sport under the sun.
Eating like Henry VIII.
Messing about with chainsaws.

I want your life! :notworthy:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Is that directed at the 31 teams/countries that took part in the finals but didn't win the world cup,or just at England?
Here's the difference, as you've probably already heard: We don't have high any expectations of our national football team, but then our national pride doesn't rely on it. "We're sh1te, and we KNOW we are!"

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yes i like that! Altogether now! "The jocks are shite and they know they are,the jocks are shite and they know they are...":music:(to the tune of The Village People's and The Pet Shop Boys Go West):biggrin:
Having said that England weren't up to much either. Yes 'the nation went wild' and all that thinking 'it's coming home',but like i said earlier people who actually watch football on a regular basis kind of knew it was more hope rather than expectation,but went with the flow for a bit of light relief. Harry Kane's Golden Boot was nowhere near as earned as Lineker's was in 1986. Three penalties and three tap ins, mmm does that mean he was the best striker in the tournament?:rolleyes:

Top Bottom