Footballer's rifle tattoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5260077, member: 10119"]what is wrong about it?[/QUOTE]
It glorifies violence,some might say. And it looks shoot,like it's been done by an "apprentice" tattooist.
0578-5779405-Raheem_Sterling_shows_off_his_recently_acquired_tattoo_of_an_ass-a-13_1527550026813.jpg

As for Tattoos I think they're really ugly.
I think a lot of the ones that I have seen are - but not all. I said a (very) long time ago when I was a teenager that I'd only ever consider getting one if I thought that the tattoo artist was genuinely an artist who I thought made beautiful things, as well as having technical mastery of the medium. My interest has never gone beyond that thought experiment. But what I think of them doesn't affect whether someone else should or shouldn't have one. I think lots of things are ugly that other people apparently like - and doubtless like things that others find ugly. As an analogy, most people are slightly befuddled by the wall mounted cycle hooks and the assorted bikes hanging on them in my living room, and the tandem in front of the TV. They're allowed to be. I'm not expecting them to store their bikes in their front rooms - just to accept that that's what I do with mine.

Levo-Lon

Guru
His skin colour won't help either.

Could be worse, a knife would be a nice tribute to all the dead kids in London and elsewhere.

Im not a fan of body art.
Good luck to him but the press will no doubt hound him as their just shyte

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You got any ink Accy?
Only a tiny spot over the bottom of the centre of my ribcage from when i had radiotherapy. It hurt like hell too! I didn't even know they were going to do it,they just said something like "We're just going to mark you in ink to so the machine can find the centre of your body". I've been told the bonier the bit where you're having one the more painful it is. I've toyed with the idea of having one over the years,but i just think that if i did i'd get bored with it and want shut or another in its place which you can't have.

Drago

Legendary Member
Even more interestingly, the version of M16a2 in the tattoo was not available with that stock until 2009, some years after his Dad was shot. If you're going to have a tattoo of the weapon that shot your Pa, you ought to make some effort to depict the correct one.

@User It's in my copy, leader on the front page, story on page 4. Your copy probably went to press last night, whereas i have thr latest print.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
and normally on the bodies of people with no connection to violence,

But he has a connection as his dad was killed by a gun. It just seems stupid to me. Like the examples i gave in my op, say someone's friend or relative haad been run over and killed by a car,would they get a tattoo of that car on their body?

PK99

Legendary Member
Even more interestingly, the version of M16a2 in the tattoo was not available with that stock until 2009, some years after his Dad was shot. If you're going to have a tattoo of the weapon that shot your Pa, you ought to make some effort to depict the correct one.

Actually, his explanation is that he vowed never to touch a gun and the meaning is that he shoots with his right foot.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Where does he say it’s a tribute to his dad? He mentions his dad to explain he would never touch a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom