For a bit of fun: your favourite guitar solos......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
Money:

Drago

Legendary Member
Never heard that before, and always dismissed JT as folk-rock, but that's great!!

It is indeed superb. It's from their album Stand Up, 1970, a wonderful tome of blues rock.

Many pundits reckon that's the song that the Eagles ripped off to become Hotel California. The Eagles had toured in support of Tull before HC was released, so who knows?

slowwww

Veteran
This was on my playlist as I drove down to l'Eroica a couple of weeks ago - just me and a van full of bikes, with this turned all the way up to eleven: it's. one. louder.

I listened to this album through my teens (yes, in the early eighties!) and had forgotten what a massive, tight rock and roll band Blackfoot were.

As with all proper rock songs, the guitar solo starts at around 5.00 and lasts the remaining 3.30 :notworthy:

Really like this, but the whole build to duelling guitars bit leans heavily on Skynyrd's Freebird, which I think just shades it

Smudge

Veteran
A bit different, and a different kind of skill from most rock guitarists, Knopfler (Dire Straits) in Telegraph Road:

As soon as i saw this thread title i thought of Mark Knopfler..... you could easily add 'Private Investigations' and 'Brothers In Arms' and many, many others.
Awesome guitarist.

Top Bottom