For a bit of fun: your favourite guitar solos......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The only guitarist who could play Hendrix as good as Hendrix.

I give you the amazing and sadly missed Steve Ray Vaughan - Voodoo Child

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVI7I-WDGx4

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Apologies if it's in one of the links above (they won't open at the moment for some reason), but as my first choice of Pink Floyd, Comfortably Numb has gone can I please cast a vote for Dire Straights, Sultans of Swing?

Even more annoying are the 'reaction' videos on Youtube where...ahem:whistle:...younger folk listen for the first time & insist on yakking in the middle of a guitar solo:angry:.
Interrupting a David Gilmour solo is verging on blasphemy....:okay:

Reactions: C R

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Apologies if it's in one of the links above (they won't open at the moment for some reason), but as my first choice of Pink Floyd, Comfortably Numb has gone can I please cast a vote for Dire Straights, Sultans of Swing?
Possibly Tunnel of Love, from the album Making Movies.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Can I put in a pitch for Neil Young? People seem to like him or loathe him. Anyway, here's Like A Hurricane. The first comment on YouTube was this...….

In which Young plays the second greatest guitar solo in history, sings a bit, then plays the greatest guitar solo in history.

Yes, it's chaotic and a bit random......but utterly wonderful.

[media]

]View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-WMbP1RcC4[/media]

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks

Not shredding like Randy Rhodes, has much more feeling though, Comfortably Numb second solo, not as good technically, but its better, more feeling than shredding..

Angus in the Bon Scott era, takes some beating, not the fastest guitarist, but just brilliant.. Riff Raff is awesome,

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
The thing about guitar solos is that you actually have to have something to express. Speed is pretty boring without some kind of a message.

It was part of the Bill and Ted soundtrack, and is played when the time travellers run amok in the shopping mall. In that context it's perfect. I don't think Nuno Bettencourt, whom is an ace axeman, was being too serious when he trotted that out.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom