Ford B-max single speed 16" folder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bodhbh

Guru
Anyone got one?

In particular, what gear ratio does it have and will it fit a long legged 6ft rider? We're on hols in Galicia in a few weeks, driving about, and at 150-200 quid tempted to buy one over there to stick in the back of the car...then flog it to a LBS when we're done.

Drago

Legendary Member
That threw me! I have to say, for the money that looks quite neat.

OP
OP
Bodhbh

Bodhbh

Guru
Or you could just hire a brompton for £2.50 a day from a brompton dock

We're flying and renting a car. I could feasibly bring my folder on the plane, but I don't want to add to the OHs general stress levels with the extra juggling of luggage (which are always high when going on hols and I will suffer for it!).

OP
OP
Bodhbh

Bodhbh

Guru
Can you buy that bike in Spain?

Yeah, I found it for sale, although I've been rummaging around and there's some similar 6 speed things for another 50 quid There's also the option of paying ~50 euro for whatever passes for a Raleigh 20 over there, it's just finding one for sale local.

OP
OP
Bodhbh

Bodhbh

Guru
Decathlon will sell you something similar, and it looks like there's a couple of branches in Spain.

https://www.decathlon.es/

Good shout, totally forgot about them. We'll be going there anyhow for screw fit gas canisters, there's one in Santiago.

mitchibob

Über Member
We're flying and renting a car. I could feasibly bring my folder on the plane, but I don't want to add to the OHs general stress levels with the extra juggling of luggage (which are always high when going on hols and I will suffer for it!).

Ah, right... totally missed the bit about buying it over there. Shame they don't have a brompton dock there.

Top Bottom