Forks!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Yes it is. You will need to check what size forks you need as MTB forks need to correct for the suspension.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Tell us what bike and forks you have, post a pic on here and we'll tell you what fork to buy from eXotic Carbon: http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=43&

Here's my Global titanium with a rigid carbon fork:

P1060324.jpg

You'll be pleased to know that the bike is quite improved by this fork; it's lighter and faster up hills and I only miss the suspension on big hits like kerbs and flights of steps. The carbon fork is as strong as a strong thing and nice and smooth riding. I fitted it when my Rebas were away for repair yet again and never took it off.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ah, that's because on the roadie I'm bent over the bars in a streamlined aero tuck whereas on the mountain bike I'm cruising along surveying the beauty of the landscape.

(PM sent Colin)

Finnjävel

I changed my mtb's fork to a rigid one last winter, and it sure made it a nicer ride on my commute. Looks more like a workhorse that it is, as well.
uploadfromtaptalk1372443032754.jpg

OP
OP
Roadrider48

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Thanks for the responses everyone. I've already changed the tyres for a slick type (schwalbe 26x1.50) from 26x2.1. I've also changed the factory bars to a flat bar. I also locked out the front fork to stiffen it up but I was just thinking if I could lose the heavy front suspension fork it would be weight and handling beneficial. I will put a pic here soon of the whole bike. Thanks again guys, it is much appreciated.

OP
OP
Roadrider48

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
image.jpg
this the front forks. I tried a pic of the whole bike but the pixel size was too big. I'll try another way, but this is the fork in the meantime.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Just hold a ruler alongside the fork, compess fully and release and measure the travel. If you want to be accurate, fix a zip tie around the stanchion and allow the slider to push it up to the travel limit. You could also find those forks on the web and check the spec.

Once you've done that give eXotic Carbon a ring and ask what they recommend. The idea is to get a rigid fork of the appropriate length to replace the old suspension fork, which is necessary because the frame has been designed to ride at that height.

Top Bottom