Forks!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ah, that's because on the roadie I'm bent over the bars in a streamlined aero tuck whereas on the mountain bike I'm cruising along surveying the beauty of the landscape.

(PM sent Colin)
Actually, you made a profile comment, so I replied to that! (If you want to send a 'PM', you need to click 'Start a conversation'.)

Just hold a ruler alongside the fork, compess fully and release and measure the travel. If you want to be accurate, fix a zip tie around the stanchion and allow the slider to push it up to the travel limit. You could also find those forks on the web and check the spec.

Once you've done that give eXotic Carbon a ring and ask what they recommend. The idea is to get a rigid fork of the appropriate length to replace the old suspension fork, which is necessary because the frame has been designed to ride at that height.
Wouldn't you be trying to replicate the position with the suspension forks compressed by how ever many cms they go down when riding on a level road/bridleway?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yes in principle, but how much sag is there in a standard fork when riding normally? An inch or two isn't significant in terms of steering geometry. The point is that the frame is "compensated" for the slightly longer suspension fork beyond a regular fork.

*disclamer* this may of course be complete nonsense but this was how I did it with mine and it seems to have worked OK.

Top Bottom