Former housemate still owes me money.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
If you write off the debt now it means that you are about £0.60 a week worse off.

That's not worth losing sleep over.

TVC

Surely you can blow more than £64 on a night out, so it's not that big a deal. You're not going to get the money back, but if you want the final say on the matter then post on her wall that you have forgiven her for not paying her debts.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
The Velvet Curtain said:
Surely you can blow more than £64 on a night out, so it's not that big a deal. You're not going to get the money back, but if you want the final say on the matter then post on her wall that you have forgiven her for not paying her debts.

Sounds a good idea actually.

MarkF

Guru
A measly £64 is having a disproportionate effect on you, forget about it, we all know people like this, they are not worth the worry. If she was going to repay you then she would have done so, forget about it, she has the problem.

MarkF said:
A measly £64 is having a disproportionate effect on you, forget about it, we all know people like this, they are not worth the worry. If she was going to repay you then she would have done so, forget about it, she has the problem.

Maybe, but revenge is wild justice! :smile:

BearPear

Veteran
MarkF said:

That.

Life's too short.

thomas

the tank engine
snorri said:
Write off the money and forget about her.

+1!! I lost some money last year when someone asked me to post a load of her things to her in France after we finished the first year of UNI. She said she'd pay it back, which was fine...but never did. It was only £25 or so, but that was a 4 hour shift at work at the time so v. annoying.

I just wrote it off and don't keep in touch with her.

Dayvo said:
Indeed!

And embellish about how you understood how serious her financial problems were, hence her need to 'entertain' gentleman in her room, just to make, erm, ends meet etc! ;)

I'm with Dayvo - not so much 'wild' but 'controlled justice' - make a few provocative posts...indicating that you have done bigger and better things.

Take comfort in the fact that you were helpful. And will be the next time. (Except when her new $3500 car gets dinked and needs $2000 of repair...:biggrin:)

Top Bottom