Former housemate still owes me money.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My former housemate still owes me £64 for the phone and internet. This includes around £10 of international calls and covers the years line rental.

I've made repeated attempts to contact her over facebook, I even offered to collect the money in San Diego, where she lives. None of this got any response and she's never tried to contact me over it.

She's owed me the money for almost 2 years and initially made a big deal about me not giving her the bill fast enough....

Her facebook status currently says she's about to buy a new car for $3.5k.

What do you think I should do in these circumstances. Frankly, I'm less annoyed about the money and more annoyed that she's made no attempt to contact me.

Do you think I shoudl try and completely humiliate her and if so how? Or do yout hink I should just try and get in contact with her again?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
you got any other way of contacting her?
i would personally keep it friendly and not humiliate her.

Greedo

You're prepared to travel to San Diego from Southampton for £64???

Mate, she's no intention of paying you back the money and as trying to humilate her on facebook for it you'll look just look petty.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
She's not worth your anger ... you are only spoiling your own day, not hers! Go out for a bike ride (or do something else you enjoy) and try to forget about it

T (a "honorary Scot" :smile:)

sheddy

Legendary Member
Tell her that her first £64 of petrol will be free ?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Write her a letter...a real letter, with a stamp and all that. Ask her kindly for the money. If no result, forget all aspects of the matter, and do not fester on the issue.

I believe that is called "closure".:smile:

Keith Oates

Janner
They say what goes around comes around. As others have said forget it and get on with your life but one day you might just find a situation where you can repay the favour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Globalti

Legendary Member
A letter carries a lot more weight than a post on some shite website. A phone call carries even more weight than a letter. If neither works, put it down as a £64 lesson in life and next time somebody is in a position to owe you cash, get something like a watch or a phone as collateral. I have lent small sums of cash three times in my life and been let down and I'll never do it again without getting something of theirs to hold.

Top Bottom