Forum member on BBC Radio York

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
P

pbjohnson

I like your thinking! I'm meeting with them early next week and will use your idea as my own! It could be a good way of connecting the two.

Regardless, I thinks most coverage as been very positive for cyclists full stop

pbjohnson said:
I like your thinking! I'm meeting with them early next week and will use your idea as my own! It could be a good way of connecting the two.

Regardless, I thinks most coverage as been very positive for cyclists full stop

Now hold one goddamn minute.;) You can't steal my idea! I'll sue for every last penny!!!

Of course I might let you off if I get a new camera out of it..... ;):thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Someone asked me if I got paid. I said, well, I got one free cup of machine tea while I waited at Radio York....

Tetedelacourse

I got feck all from BBC Scotland last year too. My sister said I should have asked for a fee, even to cover new tyres or something, but I think they knew I was desperate for fame.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I have realised that I can now put "experienced at dealing with media" on my CV - I'd done the old little bit before in local papers etc, but this has been a quite intensive learning curve, with regard to holding my ground, getting info across etc...

Arch said:
I have realised that I can now put "experienced at dealing with media" on my CV - I'd done the old little bit before in local papers etc, but this has been a quite intensive learning curve, with regard to holding my ground, getting info across etc...

You could always ask Paul for a job!;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Just been contacted, through my boss at Velovision, by someone who writes for BikeRadar and wants to do a piece....

Wonder if he knows I left there in a huff?;)

But I've supplied details of camera etc...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Arch said:
Just been contacted, through my boss at Velovision, by someone who writes for BikeRadar and wants to do a piece....

Wonder if he knows I left there in a huff?:wink:

But I've supplied details of camera etc...

Wonder if you know how many people came over here because you did?;)

;)

I've just been contacted by BBC Scotland! However, it would appear that this is quite separate from the campaign that Paul has been working on. It would seem that they are interested in doing a piece on cycle facilities (or the lack of) in Glasgow. They got my name from the piece I had in the local paper a while back! (Actually, I wonder how they got my work number!)

Paul I mentioned your campaign and I gave him your name and company details, although I'm not sure how related this will be.

Looks like I will be filming something towards the end of the month.

Watch out Arch, looks like I will be your rival at the Baftas!

(Somehow I think I will be the appreciative runner up!;))

Tetedelacourse

magnatom said:
;)

I've just been contacted by BBC Scotland! However, it would appear that this is quite separate from the campaign that Paul has been working on. It would seem that they are interested in doing a piece on cycle facilities (or the lack of) in Glasgow. They got my name from the piece I had in the local paper a while back! (Actually, I wonder how they got my work number!)

Paul I mentioned your campaign and I gave him your name and company details, although I'm not sure how related this will be.

Looks like I will be filming something towards the end of the month.

(Somehow I think I will be the appreciative runner up!;))

Who contacted you? Wonder if it was the same lot who I met.

Arch

Married to Night Train
magnatom said:

(Somehow I think I will be the appreciative runner up!:wacko:)

Nah, you'll be up for the McBaftas, differnet award.

Somehow I doubt 2 minutes on Look North will count in the Best Documentary section anyway...
;)

*adopts patronising actressy tone*

Do tell me if you want any tips, won't you darhling?
:ohmy:

Brock

Just found this (been a bit busy), well done Arch, excellent representation for us as cyclists. You've done us all a service, keep it up!

ChipSeal

Arch said:
I have realized that I can now put "experienced at dealing with media" on my CV - I'd done the old little bit before in local papers etc, but this has been a quite intensive learning curve, with regard to holding my ground, getting info across etc...

Lady Arch, after hearing your radio bit, I am frankly surprised that you are an amateur! You made what must have been a stressful interview seem like an easy thing to do. Very well done! Bravo, bravo!

No doubt the media have you on their speed-dial as a "go to" spokesman to represent cyclists. We are lucky they found you, for we will all be seen as smart folks with you representing us! :biggrin: (I think I actually gained a few IQ points listening to you.)

As you may have noticed, they can snip the tape in ways to make you seem to say things that you didn't intend. Perhaps, in the future, it would be good to insist that you record the interviews with your recording devices too. Just a thought.

While I am in danger going overboard, I simply can't emphasize enough how well you handled yourself. You made great points, deftly handled tough questions, and you did it all in a low key winsome manner. Very impressive. Thank you for representing us so well!

Top Bottom