Forum member on BBC Radio York

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
ChipSeal said:
Lady Arch, after hearing your radio bit, I am frankly surprised that you are an amateur! You made what must have been a stressful interview seem like an easy thing to do. Very well done! Bravo, bravo!

No doubt the media have you on their speed-dial as a "go to" spokesman to represent cyclists. We are lucky they found you, for we will all be seen as smart folks with you representing us! :sad: (I think I actually gained a few IQ points listening to you.)

As you may have noticed, they can snip the tape in ways to make you seem to say things that you didn't intend. Perhaps, in the future, it would be good to insist that you record the interviews with your recording devices too. Just a thought.

While I am in danger going overboard, I simply can't emphasize enough how well you handled yourself. You made great points, deftly handled tough questions, and you did it all in a low key winsome manner. Very impressive. Thank you for representing us so well!

Gosh:blush: Thankyou, and such praise from a new member! You can definitely stay!;):biggrin:

I think it helps that I'm naturally quite a chatterbox, and also I rehearse conversations a lot in my head. I'm aware they can edit me, of course, but there's only so much you can do. I did make the effort, a little bit, to railroad my answers - to keep on going, and to inflect normally so that it becomes obvious if they cut you off mid sentence... By the time I did Five Live on Tuesday, I knew they were going to be on the hostile side, so I allowed myself to be a little bolshie back at them...

Anyway, thanks again for the praise. I shall be smiling all afternoon...:sad:

Arch

Married to Night Train
oh, and at risk of appearing to be a complete fame junkie, you ought to be able to see me on Look North

here

I'm in the box, top right...

Arch

Married to Night Train
gambatte said:
Is there a link to this one? I've visited the others and saw you on look north

You want to complete the set?:evil:

Not sure. Five Live irritates me so much, I didn't follow it up. I'll have a hunt round...

Top Bottom