Forum tumbleweeds...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Campaign for speed limiters to be fitted to PS's ambulance?

spen666

Legendary Member
... Oh, and OT, but while looking ...org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15526&highlight=

From the above link posted by Smeggy on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:44 am

This is a respectable website, one that isn't associated with 'dodgy legal advice'.

It also doesn't tell the truth does it now

spen666

Legendary Member
oh and then this on same thread from Ps himself

SafeSpeed
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:25 am Post subject: Re: Sent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rossjallen wrote:
I've sent the administrator a couple of the letters to prove you all wrong... I know we live in a ****ed up world, but we're not all scammers y' know...

I have received two letters.

I've replied by email to the OP warning that he risks a charge of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, and that his customers risk charges of perjury or attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
andyoxon said:
are currrently blowing across the dusty plains of 'Campaigning and public policy'. Perhaps the title is putting people off this area a bit...? :biggrin:

Andy

Prhaps they could change the title to..."Spire, Bonj and Mr Paul":ohmy::biggrin:
That should clear the Tumbleweed.

Keith Oates

Janner
I'd support the free bike idea....................................well and the beer as well I suppose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bonj2

ah, tumbleweed, is that what it's called. I'd always wondered what those big balls of dusty twigs you see blowing acorss an arid texan village in westerns were.

bonj2

I think that's because no-one is arguing about SS any more. Which, incidentally, also seems to be experiencing tumbleweed since Paul Smith's heart attack.

So, what shall we campaign about?

SS - no-one agrees, but everyone's got their own opinion of it and it isn't going to change. Future arguments aren't likely to go anywhere because most points have already been raised and already argued to death at some point or other in the past, so further argument is just repetition of old ground.
Cycle lanes - most people agree that they are shite, but beginner cyclists (supposedly) like them so the government will keep building them to try to encourage people to take up cycling, so not much chance of a campaign to get rid of them working. No argument there then really.

Maybe we should put all the "When I was cycling along today a car cut me up, blah blah blah, whinge whinge whinge" type posts in here?
I personally think commuting should be for advice on commuting, and pleasant tales, not rambling accounts of battles with 'motons'.
Chat/cafe is for pleasant tales and advice on things other than cycling.
Soapbox for rants, whinging, non-pleasant tales and arguments about things other than cycling.
Campain for rants, whinging, non-pleasant tales and arguments about cycling?
Possibly involving renaming the forums to reflect this?

Top Bottom