Found a good radio station?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Ill start to listen to the radio when they stop talking over the beggining snd end of tracks, do these people not realise that no one is bothered that there may be a milli second of dead air, then theres the bloody big deal they make out of playing a track that may last more than 3 minutes and keep reminding you they played the un-edited version and when they do play one they turn it into a feature 'long track Thursday'. Grrrr I hate the radio.
Johnnie Walker is one who respects the music and does not do that, Ken Bruce is another of that ilk. Don't talk to me about that prat "Love the show Steve", I once skinned my knuckles hitting the off button on the radio with "Undue force" after he cut Led Zepplin's Immigrant Song off half way through to do a phone interview with Ant & Dec.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
BBC radios 4, 4 extra & 6

XFM Manchester apart from the juvenile moron fodder DJ that is Tim Cocker in the morning.

TalkSport and 5 live for my football habit.

We've had a dispensation to listen to the radio at work recently and the mouthy pushy one has decided we're going to listen to Smooth FM. If it carries on much longer there will be a terrible accident to her radio, it is not my type of music & tremendously limited in its range.

albion

Guru
Yes, KEXP.

I connect my unused Now TV headphone socket to HiFi.
Studio performances are a good one to gravitate to (via iTunes on there).
As there is no point in suggesting Conor Oberst again, try Low Roar

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I think Smooth has two channels, one of them only plays Christmas music.

I think Smooth has two channels, one of them only plays Christmas music.

That'll be the one my wife listens to. I have been caught out a couple of times when I have turned on the radio and jumped into the shower and it has been switched from Planet Rock onto Christmas Smooth; I dinnae mind it in the week or so before Christmas but it was rather annoying in November.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
That'll be the one my wife listens to. I have been caught out a couple of times when I have turned on the radio and jumped into the shower and it has been switched from Planet Rock onto Christmas Smooth; I dinnae mind it in the week or so before Christmas but it was rather annoying in November.
Might get a bit tedious by June!
It must be the proper Smooth radio I've been listening to, as it's on 105.2 FM.

Top Bottom