Found a good radio station?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Why is there no Italian word for "backstage"? :smile:
3 words: "dietro le scene".

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Radio 4, 4 extra (when not playing ancient 'comedy'), Absolute 90's.

Have just found a station called Amazing which seems to play new bands (I'm yet to hear a song I know anyway) and has surprisingly high standards. Like a good version of BBC Introducing.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Another vote for The Arrow.

I first found it about five years ago when they had presenters and more ads.

It was one of the reasons I bought a couple of DAB radios for the house, and one for the caravan.

Gradually, the presenters and adverts ceased, leaving continuous music and the occasional news bulletin.

Great, but as I feared, what then happened was The Arrow stopped broadcasting on DAB and became 'internet only'.

That rather killed access for me.

I do have Sky, but only on my telly in the lounge.

No doubt there are technical solutions to streaming the internet or the Sky signal to other parts of Pale Rider Towers, but there's a limit to how much I wish to tinker with my gadgets.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Who doesn't love a bit of Steve Wright on Radio 2? I love to hear a bloke being payed a shed load of cash to talk over songs, not announce what song has been played and have zero knowledge of music!

At work we listen to Ken Bruce at break time, he can be quite good at times, and there's pop master which I've attempted to get on several times but never been called back.

All request Friday on drive time can be good some weeks.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
6music

I've got back into music since listening, and new stuff too.

I never used to like Shaun Keavney but I have to say he's grown on me.

I have a soft spot for Lauren Laverne. She can do no wrong.

I always was a fan of radmac, I really like the music they play.

Tom Ravenscroft is crap!

I have to listen to 6 when I'm working in the greenhouse. If I listen in the mess room the music goes beyond Tims taste boundaries and he starts chanting " I won't be sorry if I don't hear that again"

ACS

Legendary Member
Radio 4 over breakfast and while i potter abut.

Planet Rock in the car when I'm by myself otherwise Radio 2.

Classic FM at my desk. Very low and subtle.

Comedy on Radio 4 in the evening cuz telly is cr@p

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I stopped listening to the radio years ago though I subscribe to several Radio 4 podcasts. I can't bear the adverts on non-BBC stations and 99% of the talking on the beeb's music stations. I now have an ever-expanding music collection, albeit with absolute zero knowledge of anything released this decade millennium

:ninja:Now now, Marmion, I know this to be an untruth as I do listen to Smooth Radio sometimes! Their limited playlist makes it a bit boring after a while though.
Anyway, for the record - I am not that much of a Scrooge ^_^. Christmas is ok in small doses, but the hype is so totally OTT that it turns a lot of people like me off the whole occasion. I would be quite happy if it was more like Burns night or something. I will be happy when it's all out of the way; but then we only get about 9 months before the build up starts once more :rolleyes:.

It's not.

Tune in to it.

Here you go, enjoy:
http://www.smoothradio.com/best-music/christmas/

Top Bottom