Found me some stuff at car boot today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m6mal

where's me bike
Actually found a few things worth buying at Holcot Car Boot today, one guy was selling 2 flags a quid (as he said folk usually buy 2 for their car) and i saw one with no packaging and he let me have it for 25p. So an extra flag on my pole sounds good.... i then saw a guy selling jubilee clips 3 large a quid or 4 small a quid so i bought these 45-60mm ones as they will be useful for my radio hobby or my trike as they will fit my boom to add accessories etc. The Allen Key set was what i went for and found them for a fiver and they are long and have a ball on the end to get to awkward bolts. So me thinks £6.25 well spent today. All this considering i never usually see anything i want at car boots most of the time

IMG_2428.JPG

nice bargains you had,good find love boot salesmyself

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
The england flag will do till i can find a union jack cheap at a car boot, but for 25p i couldn't say no ^_^

My dear chap, it's called the union "flag" unless flown on a boat/ship whereupon it is then called the Union "Jack"(naval terminology).

Just don't fly it upside down as it's still classed as "treason".

OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike
I have never in 60 years heard it called the union flag, i have always known it as the union jack and have heard others do the same including the media, also i just put union flag in the search section on ebay and google and it came up with union jack.
Also the claim that the term Union Jack properly refers only to naval usage has been disputed, following historical investigations by the Flag Institute in 2013
https://www.flagmakers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Union-Jack-or-Union-Flag.pdf

I do know about the correct way up though

OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike
Where I come from we call it 'The Butcher's Apron'.

It is indeed known as "the butchers apron" by the countries we coloized in the 16/17/18th centuries some 57 countries, probably that is why we are Great Britain......... ^_^^_^

plantfit

Guru
My array of flags on the Trice Q26, top,Ice reflective flagthen flag of St Gearge then Union flag and finally the Jolly Roger, all found on the roadside when out riding (on seperate occasions)
P1060588.jpg
But I have now reverted back to just one flag ( A quarry safe flag)
P1060642.jpg

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
My dear chap, it's called the union "flag" unless flown on a boat/ship whereupon it is then called the Union "Jack"(naval terminology).

I think popular usage (that what defines our language) means that union 'jack' has been acceptable when not on a boat for many many years.

OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike
I think the union jacks will be back in the shops due to the world cup hopefully, i have been given a plastic hand waving union jack incase i cannot get a cloth one, so i may have to make do with it.

classic33

Leg End Member
I think the union jacks will be back in the shops due to the world cup hopefully, i have been given a plastic hand waving union jack incase i cannot get a cloth one, so i may have to make do with it.
What size cloth one?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
My array of flags on the Trice Q26, top,Ice reflective flagthen flag of St Gearge then Union flag and finally the Jolly Roger, all found on the roadside when out riding (on seperate occasions)
View attachment 411817
But I have now reverted back to just one flag ( A quarry safe flag)
View attachment 411818
Where did you get those mirrors? I have bar end shifters like you and those would suit.

Top Bottom