Frame advice in respect of NOTICEABLE difference.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Show me the science!
Really?

Go and slide your saddle back as far as it can go, then ride. Slide it as far forward and possible and ride again. Then come back and tell us how it felt in comparison. Multiply that by the extremes available in crank, seatpost, stem and bar and you soon get the idea.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Really?

Go and slide your saddle back as far as it can go, then ride. Slide it as far forward and possible and ride again. Then come back and tell us how it felt in comparison. Multiply that by the extremes available in crank, seatpost, stem and bar and you soon get the idea.

Show me the science... Not the anecdata, not the "How it felt" but the science.

bpsmith

Veteran
So, St Sheldon's walk through the changing fashion of frame sizing, which doesn't really cover "correct" scientifically and a snarky Google search that doesn't turn up much, if any, science.

So. No science then.
Yup. That’s all you deserve for trolling. :smile:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
GrumpyGregry said:
. All bollox based on some conservative consensus-driven nonsense and what-the-pros-do and fashion and what makes the max profits for the manufacturers and retailers.
As you say "correct" don't come into it.

From a purely profit angle, I'm sure the manufacturers and retailers would love to be able to sell just one size of frame, in one geometry, and one colour - which would be adjustable enough out of the box to suit all sizes and builds of rider. That way they would only have to carry minimal stock and have minimal display space. Henry Ford applied to bikes.

Top Bottom