France en Velo - Channel to Med - Completed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikey951r

Veteran

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I’ve bookmarked that for a read later.

Crankarm

Guru
You must have got a good cyclists sun tan.

Great writeup and well done for making it through that heat!
I loved touring in France, completely different pace of life. And the mid-morning boulangerie raids :hungry:

Great writeup. Lots of useful info & details. Well done! (I found the situation with the tubeless tyres particularly interesting).
France on a bike is a totally different proposition to France by any other means of transport - in a good way!
It can be pricey - but it's all relative. I've cycled rural areas in Germany where villages have no shops at all. After 3 or 4 with no facilities France and its €3 cokes becomes more attractive ^_^.
However, I do recall rolling into a campsite in the southwest of France and being declined. Before I could work up some righteous indignation, the campsite operator explained that they were very expensive and pointed out a couple of places within a short distance that would probably suit me better. In hindsight I prefer to think that he was being helpful rather than avoiding lowering the tone of his campsite :blush:. In fairness, the next place was half his price.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Excellent read, a really honest and interesting account of your tour. It certainly sounded like a test dealing with the heat, my tour in Spain was in similar temperatures and it certainly takes its toll - and I was riding without luggage.
This sounds like a fantastic tour, you have whetted my appetite.

Top Bottom