Fred Whitton?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

huwsparky

Über Member
Think I will, done it the last two years and enjoyed it both times. It clashes with the first triathlon of the season for me so I've got a decision to make!

Have you done it before?

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Think I will, done it the last two years and enjoyed it both times. It clashes with the first triathlon of the season for me so I've got a decision to make!

Have you done it before?
No and don’t think I can fit the training in either. I’ve done well in marathons with no training so maybe I can blag it. If I blow I’ll be in a world of hurt.

huwsparky

Über Member
No and don’t think I can fit the training in either. I’ve done well in marathons with no training so maybe I can blag it. If I blow I’ll be in a world of hurt.
The hard bits are where you don't want them, that's the problem!! I suppose it all depends if you care how quickly you get round! Other than a few of the climbs it really isn't that bad, could pick out a much harder route of the distance where I live quite easily.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
The hard bits are where you don't want them, that's the problem!! I suppose it all depends if you care how quickly you get round! Other than a few of the climbs it really isn't that bad, could pick out a much harder route of the distance where I live quite easily.
For a first time I’d like to take it steady and enjoy it. Around 9 hours would be fine.

Freds Dad

Veteran

huwsparky

Über Member
P.S can anyone recommend a good B&B up there?
Try and stay in Ambleside. I took my wife up and she enjoyed herself there just walking around. The place we stayed at also gave us access to a spa in a hotel just up the road which was nice to get to after the ride.

I'll try and remember the name of where we stayed...

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Try and stay in Ambleside. I took my wife up and she enjoyed herself there just walking around. The place we stayed at also gave us access to a spa in a hotel just up the road which was nice to get to after the ride.

That would be stellar!!

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru

Can’t believe I got in. Can anybody recommend me a b&b so I can book ASAP?

Thanks.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Yep I'm in. I got through the ballot last year but deferred it. I'm staying at the Traveller's Rest, Ambleside.

Top Bottom