Fred Whitton?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
The main weight is you and the bike , not a100g tube, take the latex ones? Forget the C02, just pump

Go get colonic irrigation to lose a couple of kgs ;) . Or maybe not...how are the piles?

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
The main weight is you and the bike , not a100g tube, take the latex ones? Forget the C02, just pump

Go get colonic irrigation to lose a couple of kgs ;) . Or maybe not...how are the piles?
Healed up amazing. Love how the body can self right sometimes. Was a shocking experience though.

Leodis

Veteran
First timer here for FWC. We are staying in Keswick for the week and I plan to drive over in the morning.

@Milzy did you get somewhere to stay? Lakes Lodge has a room available. Just quickly checked Booking.com and they are expensive, but Ambleside Central looks a decent price though I am not sure on the bike storage.

I see you are sorted in Bowness.

Training has started, 12 hours a week for now with plenty of Yorkshire hills thrown into the mix as well as longer commuting and some Zwift rides.

Is anyone doing the Lakeland Loop in April? I have signed up to see some of the climbs and get a feel for the route. 69 miles and 10k climbing, thought it would be a tester. Also got the TdY sportive with work a week before the Fred.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
First timer here for FWC. We are staying in Keswick for the week and I plan to drive over in the morning.

@Milzy did you get somewhere to stay? Lakes Lodge has a room available. Just quickly checked Booking.com and they are expensive, but Ambleside Central looks a decent price though I am not sure on the bike storage.

Training has started, 12 hours a week for now with plenty of Yorkshire hills thrown into the mix as well as longer commuting and some Zwift rides.

Is anyone doing the Lakeland Loop in April? I have signed up to see some of the climbs and get a feel for the route. 69 miles and 10k climbing, thought it would be a tester. Also got the TdY sportive with work a week before the Fred.
Hi. I’m planning to do the TDY sportive the week before!! I’m struggling to train at the moment. I’ll get around it within the time allowed what ever though.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place

I'm thinking about that, as I didn't get a place on the FWC-might do the Cumbria 200 audax ..we'll see.

huwsparky

Über Member
Don't forget guys, especially if it's wet, get on the brakes as soon as you've crested Hardknott and Wrynose. May sound silly but I've seen a couple of nasty crashes from people just not being able to slow down enough to take the bends it's pretty steep!

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Well I managed 8 hours dead moving time. Main thing is I’m proud not to dismount.
The only climb which really tested me was Hard knot pass. The others were tough but doable on my 32t. The tight steep bend near the top of hard knot was absolutely brutal, 190bpm. The weather was warm and sunny.
Would love to do this again but with a lot more training before hand.

What a majestic crazy event.

Last edited:

huwsparky

Über Member
@Milzy - that's not a bad time at all to be fair. It's a pretty tough course. If going for a time i'd say it's worth just getting over the climbs using as little energy as possible and really concentrating on trying to make time on the flats. I was surprised how much of it was actually pretty fast. Most of the climbing I found was pretty condensed into short sections.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
@Milzy - that's not a bad time at all to be fair. It's a pretty tough course. If going for a time i'd say it's worth just getting over the climbs using as little energy as possible and really concentrating on trying to make time on the flats. I was surprised how much of it was actually pretty fast. Most of the climbing I found was pretty condensed into short sections.
I’ll remember for next time. I was starting to blow up at 90 miles but then had a second wind and managed to time trial the last 5 miles back in.

Top Bottom