Free Book PDF on T2 Diabetes and cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have written a short (5000 words) Kindle Ebook about T2 Diabetes and cycling based on a short article I wrote for the http://veloballs.com/ website (I have to thank @Andrew_Culture for all his help in getting my 'masterpiece' finished.)

It is going live on Amazon in the next 48 hours (ish) and I would like to offer C.C's a free PDF copy (I will email them out to coincide with the Amazon launch) All I ask in return is a review (if possible within a week of the launch) It will cost on Amazon £1.99 (I think, not totally decided yet may go £2.99)

It has a bit about me and some anecdotes, some advice on sugar content in foods..... (Did you know a can of normal Cola has 12 spoons of sugar in it) and some general (beginners) cycling advice and I would hope it would be an interesting for anyone not just Type 2 diabetics.

Just P.M me your email address and I will send you a PDF of it. As a taster here's the cover

Cover.jpg

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Well done for putting this together, a lot of people don't realise the amount of sugar added to "improve mouth feel" and not just in drinks :bravo:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Would it be any use for a T1 - my son is T1 but we just have to watch his insulin ratios before exercise, and ensure he has a steady supply of 'sugar'.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Would it be any use for a T1 - my son is T1 but we just have to watch his insulin ratios before exercise, and ensure he has a steady supply of 'sugar'.
I'm happy to send you a copy but you hit the nail on the head about the steady supply of sugar and watching his ratios before exercise. I don't really have much experience of T1 whereas T2 treatment is more about changing the lifestyle that (may have) caused the T2 (I'm allowed to say that being an ex-overweight person:whistle:) but hopefully the information on the crazy amounts of sugar they put in savoury things might be of interest to you (and I would hope its a humorous memoir as well)

OP
OP
simon the viking
I really love the cover with the jellybaby.
Thankyou!!!! I dusted off my camera and took it myself. The bikes a 'Lego' one, my lad thought I was mad when I asked to borrow it then started taking photos of it .... the Jelly baby then got eaten (some irony there....) not by me though......

albion

Guru
Well, it certainly sounds an interesting book, especially as your 'need for a condition' test ticked most of my boxes a while back.
So all I can now say is that I have reversed the diabetes I might not have had.

However I should really write something on severe arthritis. I'd use the term 'under control' there.

Ganymede

Veteran
Thankyou!!!! I dusted off my camera and took it myself. The bikes a 'Lego' one, my lad thought I was mad when I asked to borrow it then started taking photos of it .... the Jelly baby then got eaten (some irony there....) not by me though......
The jellybaby has a kind of cute pathos. "I'm pink and helpless and made of sugary squashy stuff... but I feel I have greatness within!".

D

Deleted member 18052

Just finished reading this on the ipad. Great read, couple of spelling mistakes heh but I guess they'll have been sorted by now.

Thanks for the email Simon, hope the book goes well for you.

Darren.

Top Bottom