Free Kindle Book: The Great Cycle Adventure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thank you - have done! :thumbsup:

PS For those of you who don't own a Kindle - go to Amazon and download the free Kindle reader app for your PC, Mac, smartphone or tablet first - click this link!

yello

PS For those of you who don't own a Kindle - go to Amazon and download the free Kindle reader

Have you any idea if you can take the books from the CloudReader app and convert them to put on another brand reader? I can read off-line with the app so I'm assuming they are stored locally but darned if I can find them. There are ways of converting Kindle books to other formats IF I can find the Kindle file.

ColinJ

Have you any idea if you can take the books from the CloudReader app and convert them to put on another brand reader? I can read off-line with the app so I'm assuming they are stored locally but darned if I can find them. There are ways of converting Kindle books to other formats IF I can find the Kindle file.
Sorry, I can't help you there.

I am sure that it would not be made easy for you and it may not even be legal to try and get round the digital rights management.

yello

Dunno about the legality but I know there are programs that can convert from the Kindle format. From my perspective, I can't see that it's illegal - I've bought the book from Amazon and not obtained it illegally, I just want to read it on a different platform. But I really don't know.

ColinJ

The Kindle software works pretty well on my laptop and Galaxy Tab so I don't feel the need to use a different platform. Mind you, if I owned some other reader device which the Kindle reader was not available for then that would be different.

Fubar

Guru

Davidc

Guru
If you haven't got a Kindle take a look at the Kobo. Big advantage is that you aren't tied to Amazon's proprietary format, so more books, more free books, more retailers = lower prices, uses the ePub world standard not Amazon's own. Cheaper too.

Waterstones and WH Smith online bookstores are UK suppliers of books for the Kobo.

Kindle's not doing well outside UK & US, so I'd imagine Amazon will have to join everyone else fairly soon anyway.

Top Bottom