Free Kindle Book: The Great Cycle Adventure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
As a potential e-book purchaser who is also considering publishing I find that very interesting, Davidc. Is it an area you work in yourself?
No, I've just been looking at getting one as ebooks on the laptop are a bit cumbersome so did a bit of research, that's some of what I came across.

For a variety of reasons I came to the conclusion that something designed to lock me in to Amazon + MOBI books was too restrictive.

I have to say I find one aspect of both that's there well buried in the information appalling - when the battery wears out you throw the whole thing away and buy a new one! The battery's life expectancy for both is 5 years normal use.

The only things I publish are a few reports and résumés which are always in PDF format, which both the Kindle and Kobo appear to be able to read.

I have to say I find one aspect of both that's there well buried in the information appalling - when the battery wears out you throw the whole thing away and buy a new one! The battery's life expectancy for both is 5 years normal use.

Thanks for your reply and, as you say, I don't think that's ^^^ well known. Five years! :ohmy:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks for your reply and, as you say, I don't think that's ^^^ well known. Five years! :ohmy:
I was thinking about that issue for my Galaxy Tab. I researched online and found a description of how to replace its battery but it looks a very fiddly process with the distinct possibility of breaking something when trying to open the case. When the time comes, I'll give it a go but I won't be happy if the battery only lasts a few years and especially not if I break the thing trying to replace the battery. The Li-ion batteries in my phone and laptop only lasted about 2 years, not 5!

Top Bottom