free tyres with magazine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

endoman

So if I subscribe for 6 months to Cycling Active I can get a free pair of Michelin lithiin 2 tyres, 700*23.
My Focus cayo has some conti ultra race 25's on it.

I have some sportives coming up of 100 miles, I'm thinking of trying the michelins for those and keeping the contis as winter / commute tyres.

Any experience of these tyres? As they are free I don't see I have a lot to loose.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
So if I subscribe for 6 months to Cycling Active I can get a free pair of Michelin lithiin 2 tyres, 700*23.
My Focus cayo has some conti ultra race 25's on it.

I have some sportives coming up of 100 miles, I'm thinking of trying the michelins for those and keeping the contis as winter / commute tyres.

Any experience of these tyres? As they are free I don't see I have a lot to loose.

I can only tell you what the reviews say but all sites seem to give them 3/3.5 out of 5 and talk about l;ow rolling resistance and racing tyres on a budget. For free (well free if you want the magazine) I say go for it. They re worth around £30 a pair.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm using Lithion's for commuting, and they've been A1. Very good rolling, great grip, and appear hard wearing. Been using them since March in all weathers.

Performance isn't far behind Pro Race, at a fraction of the cost. No visits by the Fairy so far in 5 months.

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
According to that link you don't get any issues for the 6 monthly payment option. Seems a bit mean. But then you do get a pair of tyres.

e-rider

crappy member
Cycling Active is a bit of a crap mag though. Recently they did a review of a 1k Felt road bike and a 3.5k Felt road bike and concluded that there was very little difference between them!!! Yes, put a complete novice on them both (which they did) and they won't be able to tell the difference riding at 13mph! Put a club cyclist (or better) and the differences will be very clear! What a shoot review, and these people are getting paid to write this nonsense.

These Michelin tyres sell for £11 each on the web.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
To be fair, it did say, "I was surprised at how little difference there was in ride quality between the two bikes given the difference in frame material" which is just one aspect of rating a bike.

It went on to say the "F3 is unsurprisingly the better bike" and how it was race-ready and more suited for the super fit.

John

OP
OP
endoman

endoman

When I started diving I subscribed to a magazine, got a free towel, rucksack and dry bag. Read the mag for about 4 months, then realised I was not getting much out of it.

I'm new to cycling, so I have no idea what's good or bad, like most newbies I guess. So a magazine for 7 issues for £21.00 and some tyres which seem to be a decent set is a no brainer to me. Once I get fed up of the 7 issues I'll still have the tyres, and can bung em in the waiting room at work.

I've enjoyed the 2 copies I've bought, helped me choose my bike and a jersey.

zexel

Veteran
Cycling Active is a bit of a crap mag though. Recently they did a review of a 1k Felt road bike and a 3.5k Felt road bike and concluded that there was very little difference between them!!! Yes, put a complete novice on them both (which they did) and they won't be able to tell the difference riding at 13mph! Put a club cyclist (or better) and the differences will be very clear! What a shoot review, and these people are getting paid to write this nonsense.

Actually I don't buy these magazines, but after reading the above I might go Cycling Active a go.

Top Bottom