Freezing cold.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Discordian
[QUOTE 5519920, member: 9609"]
probably too cold for car drivers or something
[/QUOTE]
Well I for one couldn't be arsed to stand out in the cold scraping the car so biked to work. No snow, no ice, only -3C. Felt colder and slippier on the way home.

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
-6C @ 9am today.

Looks like it was cold overnight across the UK:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47027762

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
-6C at my house this morning. I coasted carefully down the icy hill then discovered my gear cable was frozen solid in 1st gear. I couldn't get it freed so I had to go back and use the car instead. Bummer.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
So cold here I may have to adjust the cooking time of my chateaubriand for lunch

What the hell are you doing downstairs?

Glow worm

Legendary Member
It was - 10 this morning on the way to work. I couldn't believe my eyes when i spotted a cyclist riding in shorts!!
Braver than me for sure

I used to wear shorts while cycling in freezing weather. Didn't bother me as my legs don't really feel the cold. I stopped with the shorts thing sharpish though after reading what damage the cold can do to your knees. :eek:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
On my commute this morning I overtook a guy in shorts fully lycra'ed up. I was wearing my street clothes on a converted 90s MTB as I have a short commute, so I can only assume that his joints had frozen, I would have needed to be going flat out to keep warm wearing as little as he was.

Top Bottom