fresh glass?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

When you're drinking at the bar in a pub, and the bar person asks:

"would you like a fresh glass?"

I can't think of a more useless question to ask, and all I can't think about replying with is:

-Yes please, I think if we keep passing the glass between us all night, we might eventually work up a significant enough culture of E.coli to hospitilise me.
-Oh you little minx, you know that's my lucky glass... get away with you...
-Just give me a fresh one you lazy git

...just all so unlogical

simonali

Guru
Some people (like me) aren't that bothered and will drink 3 or 4 pints out of the same glass before requesting a fresh one!

yenrod

Abitrary said:
When you're drinking at the bar in a pub, and the bar person asks:

"would you like a fresh glass?"

I can't think of a more useless question to ask, and all I can't think about replying with is:

-Yes please, I think if we keep passing the glass between us all night, we might eventually work up a significant enough culture of E.coli to hospitilise me.
-Oh you little minx, you know that's my lucky glass... get away with you...
-Just give me a fresh one you lazy git

...just all so unlogical

Abs - if you actually say this you may actually pull !

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

simonali said:
Some people (like me) aren't that bothered and will drink 3 or 4 pints out of the same glass before requesting a fresh one!

that to me sounds like a diarrehic toilet e.coli mess waiting to happen

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

simonali said:
How am I gonna catch something off myself, pray tell?

I'm not really that fussy myself, but if you think about it, here are the steps:

-you get a glass of lager, handled by a bar person who hasn't washed their hands after the toilet
-you go to the toilet and do the same
-that same bar person is doing the same all over again with all the other glasses

Not saying that I've ever been made ill by it, but I'm sure it contributes to hangovers, and I'd just much rather have a fresh glass and not have to confirm something so obvious.

simonali

Guru
That's ridiculous.

a) they'd have to touch the rim of the glass, which is unlikely.

:rolleyes: if they are prone to touching the rim, then they're likely to do it to your fresh glass, thus negating the whole point of getting it!

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

dunno, I'm not that hygenic myself in general, but maybe this little observance stops me from going over the edge into unhealthiness

Blue

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:
dunno, I'm not that hygenic myself in general, but maybe this little observance stops me from going over the edge into unhealthiness

I presume you are talking physical health there - you seem to have lost the mental health battle already :rolleyes:

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Blue said:
I presume you are talking physical health there - you seem to have lost the mental health battle already :rolleyes:

I get it. Funny.

Anyhow, I'm just saying that I'd prefer a fresh glass than a dirty one... if for nothing else than peace of mind.

What am I arguing about here by the way? It was just an obvious rant.

Top Bottom