Fresh young chicken...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This Led Zep reunion thang has got me wondering. Mr Page was renowned for his fondness for young ladies. And when say young, I mean seriously young (unless Hammer Of The Gods lied to me). I seem to recall Stephen Tyler from Aerosmith had a similar fondness.

How come these gentlemen are respected members of the rock aristocracy and Gary Glitter is a disgraced paedophile?

Can anyone enlighten me?

Noodley

Bill Wyman as well.

Abitrary

Chuffy said:
This Led Zep reunion thang has got me wondering. Mr Page was renowned for his fondness for young ladies. And when say young, I mean seriously young (unless Hammer Of The Gods lied to me). I seem to recall Stephen Tyler from Aerosmith had a similar fondness.

How come these gentlemen are respected members of the rock aristocracy and Gary Glitter is a disgraced paedophile?

Can anyone enlighten me?

C'mon chuffy, I've always wanted to read that book, but these days it might deter my sensitive disposition.

Tell us a few more anecdotes

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Abitrary said:
C'mon chuffy, I've always wanted to read that book, but these days it might deter my sensitive disposition.

Tell us a few more anecdotes
It may be exaggerated slightly.
It might have been a mudshark, not a red snapper.
There was once a rumour that a film version would star Jason Donovan as Robert Plant.:tongue:

But Jimmy P liked 'em young.....

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark_episode

By jove, those rockular wags.

Hm, wasn't Gary Glitter into little boys; Page, Wyman etc into little girls? It's somehow acceptable for a 50 something man to do an under age girl but not an under age boy? What does this tell us about attitude/norms :

- the sexualisation of female children is more acceptable than the sexualisation of male children
- homosexuality is less acceptable than heterosexuality

no surprises there, then...

Noodley

Kirstie said:
Hm, wasn't Gary Glitter into little boys; Page, Wyman etc into little girls? It's somehow acceptable for a 50 something man to do an under age girl but not an under age boy? What does this tell us about attitude/norms :

- the sexualisation of female children is more acceptable than the sexualisation of male children
- homosexuality is less acceptable than heterosexuality

no surprises there, then...

Quite. :tongue:

If this were in Soapbox I would be more inclined to enter into some form of debate. As it is in the cake place I suppose it will be left to "tittle tattle" replies and having a "laugh" about the sexual abuse of female children. :tongue:

Top Bottom