Fresh young chicken...

This Led Zep reunion thang has got me wondering. Mr Page was renowned for his fondness for young ladies. And when say young, I mean seriously young (unless Hammer Of The Gods lied to me). I seem to recall Stephen Tyler from Aerosmith had a similar fondness.

How come these gentlemen are respected members of the rock aristocracy and Gary Glitter is a disgraced paedophile?

Can anyone enlighten me?
 

Noodley

Guest
Bill Wyman as well.
 

Abitrary

New Member
Chuffy said:
This Led Zep reunion thang has got me wondering. Mr Page was renowned for his fondness for young ladies. And when say young, I mean seriously young (unless Hammer Of The Gods lied to me). I seem to recall Stephen Tyler from Aerosmith had a similar fondness.

How come these gentlemen are respected members of the rock aristocracy and Gary Glitter is a disgraced paedophile?

Can anyone enlighten me?
C'mon chuffy, I've always wanted to read that book, but these days it might deter my sensitive disposition.

Tell us a few more anecdotes
 
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Abitrary said:
C'mon chuffy, I've always wanted to read that book, but these days it might deter my sensitive disposition.

Tell us a few more anecdotes
It may be exaggerated slightly.
It might have been a mudshark, not a red snapper.
There was once a rumour that a film version would star Jason Donovan as Robert Plant.:tongue:

But Jimmy P liked 'em young.....
 
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark_episode

By jove, those rockular wags.
 
Hm, wasn't Gary Glitter into little boys; Page, Wyman etc into little girls? It's somehow acceptable for a 50 something man to do an under age girl but not an under age boy? What does this tell us about attitude/norms :

- the sexualisation of female children is more acceptable than the sexualisation of male children
- homosexuality is less acceptable than heterosexuality

no surprises there, then...
 

Noodley

Guest
Kirstie said:
Hm, wasn't Gary Glitter into little boys; Page, Wyman etc into little girls? It's somehow acceptable for a 50 something man to do an under age girl but not an under age boy? What does this tell us about attitude/norms :

- the sexualisation of female children is more acceptable than the sexualisation of male children
- homosexuality is less acceptable than heterosexuality

no surprises there, then...
Quite. :tongue:

If this were in Soapbox I would be more inclined to enter into some form of debate. As it is in the cake place I suppose it will be left to "tittle tattle" replies and having a "laugh" about the sexual abuse of female children. :tongue:
 
Top Bottom