Friday fun: New Bike - Guess the weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattobrien

Guru
I am still waiting for the call from the LBS to tell me that the new steed has arrived, is built and ready for me to collect, so while idling the time away I have got thinking about exactly how much it will weigh and thought that might be good for a little Friday fun.

I fear I may becoming a weight weenie :eek:

So one guess each, closest to the actual weight wins. Not sure what the prize should be, possibly many likes and lots of kudos.

I will get my LBS to weigh my bike on their scales once it is ready.

The bike is a Scapin Etika RC S3 - full details of spec can be found here

Unusually the spec suggests it comes with pedals, bottle cage and bottle, so these will be included during the weigh in process.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I reckon it'll be 6.3kg

OP
OP
mattobrien

mattobrien

Guru
90kg. The rider makes a massive difference :smile:
Even adding the rider, I am very hopeful that the combined package will will be a bit below the 90kg mark. Either that or you have sage like qualities in regard to my impending weight gain :hungry:

Lanzecki

Über Member
Even adding the rider, I am very hopeful that the combined package will will be a bit below the 90kg mark. Either that or you have sage like qualities in regard to my impending weight gain :hungry:

:smile: No insult intended. I just took my weight and my bikes weight and entered that :smile: I'd like to say I ride a very heavy bike, but I cannot. :sad:

OP
OP
mattobrien

mattobrien

Guru
:smile: No insult intended. I just took my weight and my bikes weight and entered that :smile: I'd like to say I ride a very heavy bike, but I cannot. :sad:
No insult taken ^_^

My combined weight will be a bit below 90kg, but not that much (especially seeing as I don't actually know what the bike weighs yet.

My Brompton and I combined are probably 90kg combined, but I am hoping the Scapin is going to weigh considerably less than the Brompton.

Lanzecki

Über Member
No insult taken ^_^

My combined weight will be a bit below 90kg, but not that much (especially seeing as I don't actually know what the bike weighs yet.

My Brompton and I combined are probably 90kg combined, but I am hoping the Scapin is going to weigh considerably less than the Brompton.

.... ok... Goes off to do some sums......

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
7.33kg

I weighed the rear wheel from my commuter bike last week. Including 10 speed ultegra cassette and 25mm bontranger tyre it weighed 2.2kg!!! I could make a huge weight saving just by getting some lighter wheels.

Top Bottom