Friday fun: New Bike - Guess the weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mattobrien

mattobrien

Guru
I think this bike though could be a little heavier than we all expect, I find if any company has something really light they make claims about it to attract idiots like me, and I can't find any claims for this bike.

I don't think that marketing is really their thing.

Time will tell on the weight and I soon as I know I will post it here.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I don't think that marketing is really their thing.

Time will tell on the weight and I soon as I know I will post it here.

Anyway I hope you love the bike and it makes you smile... and I hope it has a good weight, really interested though :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mattobrien

mattobrien

Guru
No news yet, sadly the bike isn't here yet, much to my dismay.

Hoping by this time next week I will have it, otherwise my disposition may become grumpier than usual.

Apparently the medium and large frames have been made / shipped first. Damn me and my oversized proportions.

OP
OP
mattobrien

mattobrien

Guru
The bike is now at the bike shop so I will be collecting it tomorrow and will then have an answer to the weight competition.

Not too late for entries though.

Speaking to the LBS earlier, they said it arrived yesterday and they then had to stay late and turn off all the lights to see the glow in the dark frame - apparently it is very cool. :becool:

To say I am a little excited would be an understatement :hyper:

Reactions: 4F

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
ffs get on with it, you have had it for 5 days now....

oldroadman

Veteran
Working on the basis that most complete bikes at the higher end will at least be close to the UCI minimum weight limit (some team bikes have to have weights added!) of 6.8kg, add in a little for the extra bits, something for the pedals, somewhere in the 7-8.2kg range, so 7.86kg. Lighter than some of the stuff I rode when I was getting paid to do it!
The best weight saving, of course, is body fat loss, and all it costs is effort a a bit of thoughtful attention to intake.

OP
OP
mattobrien

mattobrien

Guru
Right then, after a more accurate weigh in (and having swapped over the inner tubes for some Conti supersonics), I am pleased to announce that the bike weighs bang on 7kgs. That includes pedals bottle cage, garmin mount and other garmin sensors.

From having had a quick check of this thread I can announce that @deptfordmarmoset came closest with a guess of 7.09kgs. Have a like on me :bravo:

I am thinking that I can probably get it just under the 7kg mark with a couple of tweaks, but not just yet.

Top Bottom