Friday night music is: Songs that remind you of your youth..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
And, earlier....

My first 45rpm single

Sharky

Guru
then he liked the Spinners
So do I !!

In the early 60's, on Merseyside, the Spinners had a huge following and were very popular. I must say that those yellow shirts and their TV programmes brought their credibility image down a bit. Still listen to them now from time to time. Ellan Vannin Tragedy one of my favourites

Dave 123

Legendary Member
So do I !!

In the early 60's, on Merseyside, the Spinners had a huge following and were very popular. I must say that those yellow shirts and their TV programmes brought their credibility image down a bit. Still listen to them now from time to time. Ellan Vannin Tragedy one of my favourites
The only yellow jersey you wouldn’t want! Maybe I ought to have a delve into their back catalogue.

I think last Christmas I did play their 12 days of Christmas to Lisa and Georgia. They weren’t impressed!

Dave 123

Legendary Member
So @Sharky rebuked me for dissing The Spinners. My brain went back to my childhood....
I went to St Saviours school in Ellesmere Port, a catholic school. Every now and then we’d get a visitation from Father Francis, his cassock, guitar and sandals. It was always excruciating. I can remember sitting in the assembly hall thinking that there had to be more to life and music than this...

View: https://youtu.be/k-1UqfMT_qw

Dave7

Legendary Member
Here's one I remember: The Searchers, Needles and Pins

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3aLTl1pa9c

It appeared first before the drugs culture got properly underway. Once 'shooting up' acquired an additional meaning the song title raised all sorts of controversy which doubtless enhanced sales although my suspicion is that the lyrics are entirely innocent.

Never heard or recall reading any of that. I did like the searchers, a very distinctive and imo enjoyable sound.

Top Bottom