Friday Night Ride to Jersey, 31st June 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
T'is autumn now and the nights be cooler. I think I'm in for Long Sleeve, Long Zip M (or whatever fits 38") Red Star to protect me and my short sleeve.

Can bring cheque on Friday Del if that is OK?

mmmmartin

Random geezer
stu
you might need an L. i will have a measure of my massive manly chest tonight and post the results. my L fits me very snugly and is ideal with nothing or something very thin under it.

StuartG

slower but further
My L fits me very snugly and is ideal with nothing or something very thin under it.
I hope is TC you are trying to impress ... Del has the measure of my body
wub.gif

theclaud

Openly Marxist
T'is autumn now and the nights be cooler. I think I'm in for Long Sleeve, Long Zip M (or whatever fits 38") Red Star to protect me and my short sleeve.

Can bring cheque on Friday Del if that is OK?

Am tempted by a the idea of a warmer one, but I'm not convinced about the fit of it for wimmin of the more, er, Rubenesque variety. Anyone got a LS short zip?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
did we ever do a long sleeve in the fabric weight of the short sleeve option for autumn rides?

or can we have some star spangled arm warmers?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Excellent!
Are you around on Friday? I'll be in town then and could pop round in the morning.
I imagine so - give me a call beforehand

frank9755

Cyclist
Yes I've got one, Claudine - the fit on the long-sleeved ones isn't as good as the short-sleeved variety, in my opinion, they seem more designed for men. I wish there was an option to have a version like the ss one, but with long sleeves IYSWM.

With both my long-sleeved shirts the sleeves are very tight, even though the body's, ahem, loose! I don't think I have massive biceps or anything, do I?:blush:

TMN, who are these men you know with thin arms and no shoulders...?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Yes I've got one, Claudine - the fit on the long-sleeved ones isn't as good as the short-sleeved variety, in my opinion, they seem more designed for men. I wish there was an option to have a version like the ss one, but with long sleeves IYSWM.

With both my long-sleeved shirts the sleeves are very tight, even though the body's, ahem, loose! I don't think I have massive biceps or anything, do I?:blush:

Hmmmm. I should have thought of trying one on at the weekend when one couldn't move at The Dellzeqqs' for piles of shirts left around by people too busy doing frivolous 1200km jaunts to collect the items they've ordered.

:whistle:

I also have a short sleeved XXXXL spare

oh really? red or blue? If the former, I'll take it off your hands if it hasn't gone.

Could someone who has a long sleeve jersey let me know what the sleeve length is like? I've got a size 6 (XXL??) short sleeve jersey that is great fit wise and am considering a long sleeve for the winter but I don't want the sleeve to end half way up my forearm!

Speaking as a larger gentleman with a big wingspan, the long sleeved is plenty long enough in the arm, on the longer side rather than the shorter side in fact (this is on xxxxl though)

(unlike the rapha trousers I got yesterday which claimed to be a 38, which, when measured by our garment technician were "an un-generous 36"

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
oh really? red or blue? If the former, I'll take it off your hands if it hasn't gone.

Speaking as a larger gentleman with a big wingspan, the long sleeved is plenty long enough in the arm, on the longer side rather than the shorter side in fact (this is on xxxxl though)

(unlike the rapha trousers I got yesterday which claimed to be a 38, which, when measured by our garment technician were "an un-generous 36"
red - it's yours

frank9755

Cyclist
Hmmmm. I should have thought of trying one on at the weekend when one couldn't move at The Dellzeqqs' for piles of shirts left around by people too busy doing frivolous 1200km jaunts to collect the items they've ordered.

Or, for that matter, people who kept checking their inboxes hoping the order would come in in time so they could wear jersey on said jaunt but had to go without it

Top Bottom