FNRttC Friday Night Ride to Shoreham - 20th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I have been waiting for this day.... my holidays have been booked so im literally on paid leave when im out on this ride :tongue:

::EDIT::

I have put 'British Cycling' in the place of CTC number as im not registered with CTC (or is that still a problem????:secret::secret:)
Yes, I think it is a problem. See http://fridaynightridetothecoast.blogspot.ie/p/like-our-rides-join-fridays.html

The Fridays is an affiliated appendage of the CTC (or whatever they call themselves now), with the Fridays providing all the stuff that counts, and the CTC providing insurance, some administrative/regulatory gubbins, and a rather boring magazine.

So to join the Fridays you have to join the CTC.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Yes, I think it is a problem. See http://fridaynightridetothecoast.blogspot.ie/p/like-our-rides-join-fridays.html

The Fridays is an affiliated appendage of the CTC (or whatever they call themselves now), with the Fridays providing all the stuff that counts, and the CTC providing insurance, some administrative/regulatory gubbins, and a rather boring magazine.

So to join the Fridays you have to join the CTC.

Poop.

I guess i'll get right on it.........

It used to be the case that 5 (I think) spaces were open for BC and/or LCC riders. I don't know if this is still the case. Perhaps @mmmmartin or @Flying Dodo can advise.

The current position is:
  • no fixed allocation of places for non-CTC members (so theoretically we could see 10+ first timers turn up on the first FNRttC of the year and a warm welcome will be given to all);
  • but any non-CTC members must have their own third-party liability insurance e.g. via British Cycling or LCC;
  • and non-CTC members may come along on 3 rides without taking out CTC membership or joining the Fridays (paying subs).

If you've tried a few FNRttCs and decide you like them -- enough to sign up for your 4th! -- then you do need to put your house in order at this stage and join.

@mmmmartin Please do correct any of the above if incorrect! :okay:

A bit late for that now, i already resubmitted my application last night before i went to sleep right after i paid for CTC membership
That works too! Have you alerted @Flying Dodo to the fact that there are two registrations and one needs to be deleted?

(I'm just suggesting that, when you have a question, do feel free to ask what the best way to proceed is. There's no rush in getting your form in early and it's always better to ask and get it right the first time then try to fix things afterwards without asking what the best fix might be. Either way, the ride leader needs to know what errors are being corrected and which registration form to delete. :okay: )

Tim Hall

That works too! Have you alerted @Flying Dodo to the fact that there are two registrations and one needs to be deleted?

(I'm just suggesting that, when you have a question, do feel free to ask what the best way to proceed is. There's no rush in getting your form in early and it's always better to ask and get it right the first time then try to fix things afterwards without asking what the best fix might be. Either way, the ride leader needs to know what errors are being corrected and which registration form to delete. :okay: )
He might want two helpings of bread pudding though.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
@RoubaixCube Sorry if I misled you. My answer was right, but not complete. I did prefix it with "I think" but I forgot my usual disclaimer that points out that no sane person should believe what I say.

@RoubaixCube Sorry if I misled you. My answer was right, but not complete. I did prefix it with "I think" but I forgot my usual disclaimer that points out that no sane person should believe what I say.
I see nothing in your post that was incorrect!
In particular: "So to join the Fridays you have to join the CTC" is spot on.
When it comes time to join the Fridays (for a whopping £2) before your 4th ride, you really ought to have sorted the CTC membership as set out on the webpage you linked to.
(There are a few 'lucky' souls wandering around who are exceptions for historical reasons going back to before the Fridays as a club were formed.)

TimO

Guru
Can't find CTC number, so form almost done.
I was ready for that, and have it recorded in my Dropbox files, so can pull it up on any of my PCs or phone, now!

Signed up, and more hopeful for success this time. After several years of almost flawless rides, I've now had one DNS and one DNF (a wheel QR skewer failed on the way to Southend).

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
We will struggle to get many across the road at each phase of the lights. This shouldn't matter though, as small groups can make their way round to the terminal building with only two or three way markers.

Yes. Once the lights go from green to amber on Coombes Road, you have exactly 4 seconds before the lights on the A27 change from red to amber, meaning if the lights change, you'd better stop. There are 7 lanes to get across so if you're already in the gap, you've got to watch very carefully the cars waiting to set off from the left. That's why I'd mentioned at the start about carefully crossing the A27, and this will be covered in a subsequent email, and also at the half way stop.

Top Bottom