FNRttC Friday Night Ride to Shoreham - 20th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kimble

Veteran
Alas not, I'm audaxing on the Saturday. Have fun everyone.

Tim Hall

Looks like Saturday should be OK according to the NR Journey planner, just the small issue of getting to London on Friday. @User13710, FCC from your neck of the woods to LBG should work.

hatler

Guru
Cycle back to Brighton and then First Capital Connect to London ?
Doh ! The strike's Friday. My comment was referring to the Saturday.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
I'm regretting not pre-booking a ticket for that night now, as the website won't allow it any more.
You can still book trains on another provider's website. I've just booked trains for the 13th, and even though Southern's website says in one place the strike action then is lifted, they don't allow you to buy.

So I used First Hull trains, as their booking web site is still like Southern's was, before it was "improved"!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Anyone else just getting a train ticket when they get to the station or is everyone booking tickets now??
I've never pre booked a ticket home and I've not been stranded yet. There are often little groupsave sydicates that you can join. That said I normally ride part of the way home.

These strike plans have me scratching my head and going "hmmm". I'm thinking I'll ride towards Brighton turn left over Devils Dyke and follow the un-stricken Brighton line until my legs give up, or I reach the North Downs, where they will definitely give up.

Top Bottom