FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 18th March to Southend-on-Sea 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
ah, the open road. London's riverside by night, the thrum of Aldgate, the sparkle of Stratford, the soaring heights of Ilford, the glowing splendour of Dagenham East, the wonder that is Junction 31, the charm of Chadwell St. Mary, the fragrant gases of Muckingford and Fobbing, the homeliness of Vange and Pitsea, the views from Leigh-on-Sea, and, finally the splendour that is Southend-on-Sea, the jewel in the crown of our wonderful Thames Estuary!

Bring it on! I hear you say. Bring it on! because we are born to ride, to whoosh silently along the orgy of smooth tarmac that is the A1306, bound to ride across city and country, between marsh and meadow, under sodium lights (for all but three miles) until we reach the healthful seaside air and the healthfuller breakfast at the Rose Restaurant, famed for its terrazo stairs and lugubrious patron! Hasten the night, the cool air, the prospects of Tilbury, Corringham, Canvey and Hadleigh Castle. Just spare us the bit about the ultramontanist painter chappies!

And here, listed below, a list. A stellar list for a night of light and gentle shade.

Jenny M
User10571 B
Martin T
Ross C
Sonia W
Stuart A
Susie F
Tessa H
Luke C
Martin F
Clive P
Rebecca O-B
Claudine C
Alex B
Olaf S
Clive B
Tim D
Adam B
Steve R

yes please. You have my CTC details....now do I owe you a quid ?

Apart from Susie F, I would make all those on that initial list apply again. How can a ride be announced, calling for entries, with said entries, (with my exception for obvious reasons) already listed? Pre-quid pro quo I suppose...mutter mutter...

I'll come for the ride back. :smile:

Edited to add 'please'.

redjedi

Über Member
Yes please. All these daytime rides just aren't the same.

Now I just need to work out a way to pay £12.

Would the CTC accept a cheque like this?

cow-check.jpg

I'll bring something smaller to pay the £1, perhaps a Shetland pony.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Apart from Susie F, I would make all those on that initial list apply again. How can a ride be announced, calling for entries, with said entries, (with my exception for obvious reasons) already listed? Pre-quid pro quo I suppose...mutter mutter...

Edited to add 'please'.

Well, Simon actually announced the list was open yesterday in the post about the CTC cheque business...stop moaning ;)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Yes please. All these daytime rides just aren't the same.

Now I just need to work out a way to pay £12.

Would the CTC accept a cheque like this?

cow-check.jpg

I'll bring something smaller to pay the £1, perhaps a Shetland pony.
Is that available in celeste? :smile:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Is that available in celeste? :smile:
:biggrin:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty

Edited to add 'please'.
they were just a little faster on the buttons.........

martint235

Dog on a bike

Edited to add 'please'.

Cos I read wot it said on the blog and emailed Dell when he said it was open! :thumbsup:

rb58

Enigma
Apart from Susie F, I would make all those on that initial list apply again. How can a ride be announced, calling for entries, with said entries, (with my exception for obvious reasons) already listed?

I'll think you'll find we are the favoured ones..... :tongue: :biggrin: :tongue: :whistle:

Top Bottom