FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 18th March to Southend-on-Sea 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
Pls count me and shiny new bike in. (it has yet to arrive, but I have the utmost faith in Halfords) I am a ctc member already
Tim

Got to admire the optimism there.....

Seeing as my annual resolution is to try and go to Southend on Sea no more than once a year, I guess I might as well get it out of the way earlier rather than later, so count me in for this one, please.

I may also be riding back, although bear in mind I've still got the surplus cash left over from last year's unfortunate events in Brighton, so to say I'm riding back may be a rash statement.

Taking into account the mention of HMRC investigators on other threads, in the spirit of open accountancy, I can confirm the original £40 had been invested into a broad range of liquid funds which have matured nicely although there was some spillage involved, together with an unfortunate drop in some stout investments, meaning that overall, the net amount available for re-investment in a pub of your choice is, according to my spreadsheet, £39.9999, which I'll round up to £40.*

Oh, and I'll bring £1 for the ride as well.

* The above will probably not make any sense to anyone who didn't go on the last FNRttC to Brighton, or who was still sober.

TimO

Guru
Me please Simon. I've managed to notice this ride faster than usual, although that's probably down to the email that dropped into my inbox. :biggrin:

I can happily pay a shiny £1 or write you a cheque for it, since I know where my cheque book is, unlike a lot of people around here, apparently. I reserve the right to refuse to carry a sack of one pound coins on the ride. :tongue:

I will of course be bringing Big Red to ride on his first inaugural official FNRttC, after dipping his toe in with the Night Ride to Bognor last month

Wobblers

Euthermic
Dear Mr Dellzeqq

I would be most obliged if you could bestow upon me the great honour of joining your much esteemed FNRttC to Southend.

....err, could I be added to the list please, Dellzeqq? My CTC details are the same as last year (they even sent me a new membership card to replace the one I never got last year and all!).

Thanks!

Wobblers

Euthermic
I may also be riding back, although bear in mind I've still got the surplus cash left over from last year's unfortunate events in Brighton, so to say I'm riding back may be a rash statement.

Taking into account the mention of HMRC investigators on other threads, in the spirit of open accountancy, I can confirm the original £40 had been invested into a broad range of liquid funds which have matured nicely although there was some spillage involved, together with an unfortunate drop in some stout investments, meaning that overall, the net amount available for re-investment in a pub of your choice is, according to my spreadsheet, £39.9999, which I'll round up to £40.*

* The above will probably not make any sense to anyone who didn't go on the last FNRttC to Brighton, or who was still sober.

I did go on the last RNRttC to Brighton, and that still doesn't make any sense. Clearly I hadn't been drinking enough! :smile:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I did go on the last RNRttC to Brighton, and that still doesn't make any sense. Clearly I hadn't been drinking enough! :smile:

I think it means we've already got a round in. :smile:

Dan B

Disengaged member
Can I have a go, please?

Simon, my CTC details are no longer valid as membership lapsed. Will pop a cheque in the post tomorrow

Wobblers

Euthermic
Oh Yes Titanium n all, maybe more brushed than shiny. I don't want to tempt fate by naming the bike but it is an anagram of "a hanky convulsion"

VN Yukon? Good choice! But they seem to be getting far too ...common... for my liking :smile:. Perhaps I ought to see about getting a new steed... :thumbsup:

U

User482

I've emailed DZ to put my name down. I'm looking forward to it so much that I'll polish my mudguards just for him.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Jenny M
User10571 B
Martin T
Ross C
Sonia W
Stuart A
Susie F