FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 19th November - Brighton 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
it's also got a fabulous Rembrandt-like concentration about it, Tim. I may ask you if we can use it....

Chiaroscurotastic!

st.josephthecarpenterbygeorgesdelatour.jpg

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
it's also got a fabulous Rembrandt-like concentration about it, Tim. I may ask you if we can use it....

More fun than this...

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...page=1&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=79&ty=44

Makes you wonder where those Old Master peeps got their Hopes and Cateyes from doesn't it. Nice photos Tim, and I had a brief chat with Scott in Brighton...his thoughts were veering towards his not too far away bed. :smile:
Anyway, back to Tim O. I have been up all night pipping the 'report abuse button on his photo account! :biggrin:
But he's a nice boy really and was offering his tastebuds full opportunity to regale themselves, firstly with 'Hash a la Madeira', in the company of mcshroom and David, who made it despite feeling a bit cranky.

20hukx2.jpg

And later, Tim was spotted indulging in one of my cakes. Here he's munching the one which has an added ingredient. A few days after eating, it makes most of your hair fall out and the rest turn grey. (It's a favourite of mine :rolleyes:) Happy days Tim - I hope Talisker recognises you by Thursday! :biggrin:

25ps5c9.jpg

And.
While we are on the subject of eating, well done the Cabin...

15frbyx.jpg

and of course, to Greg, chef de cuisine at The Madeira. I have seen this bloke more than my neighbour this year - thanks to him and the team eh? I think it has been a 'dynamic' ride season for them - to say the least!
Here he is at work, with Rich and John as supporting cast...

2q30ti9.jpg

and then watching, aghast, as TimO eats yet another bit of the trick cake!:smile:

5k5cok.jpg

Thanks Greg - it was a splendid finale to 2010.

TimO

Guru
... Anyway, back to Tim O. I have been up all night pipping the 'report abuse button on his photo account! :biggrin: ...
You can try complaining to the webmaster of that server, but I'm fairly sure he'll take my side. Actually, I'm wong, I'm certain that I'll take my side. :biggrin:

mistral

Guru
Belated thanks for another great fnrttc, and another great season.

Special thanks to the good people who put in the time and effort to plan, recce, organise and take responsibility for this extraordinary event (they deserve an award!). And also to those who take it on themselves to shepherd, direct and cajole the rabble safely to its destination.

frank9755

Cyclist
Sometimes a camera will catch you mid-blink, you know...

In fact, if you do a long enough blink it is bound to!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Sorry about doing the Big Daddy thing, but considering how, er, tired and emotional you were, it was then a bit of a shock seeing the speed you took off at, racing along the sea front. With your wobbling, you did have a few close near misses, which is why I then went in front of you for the turn off, up to the station. Glad you got back OK.

People reading this might be forgiven for wondering what on earth went on on the way to the station...

02.jpg

PpPete

Legendary Member
I also had a bit of a "Blair Witch" moment while TECing in the first half. In an attempt to coax Slowmotion along, I went in front hoping it would give him something to concentrate on, but realised this hadn't worked, when after a few minutes I noticed that the lights were no longer behind me, so stopped and waited for the others to catch up, on a very dark and quiet stretch of road.
5 minutes later and I could hear every rustle and twig snap coming from the bushes
eek2.gif
and promptly turned around to rejoin the rest.

That happened to me too. I'd try to pull him along for a bit, only to find the lights behind me were actually a waymarker heading back for the peloton, and that the "real" TECs were a long way behind. I'd carry on a bit slowly, see no sign of the tail-enders and stop to wait. Wasn't quite so scared by the night time sounds as by the thought that I might have somehow gone off-route. Not much use as a TEC really.

Edit - oh yes and lessons learned.... must bring camera next time :rolleyes:

TimO

Guru
...as by the thought that I might have somehow gone off-route. Not much use as a TEC really.

If you're really paranoid as a TEC, bring a GPS. I've got two, the handlebar mounted Garmin GPSMAP 62s, and my Android phone if desperation kicks in! I may not have known the official route to Brighton on Friday, but I could have found a usable one if necessary! I did have three different routes from previous occasions, none of which ultimately bore any resemblance to the ride we did!

redjedi

Über Member
Looks like we got the right Friday night for the ride. Forecast for this Friday is dry and clear but -4 degrees feeling more like -9 :cold:

Top Bottom