FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 19th November - Brighton 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Committee Meeting started in Ernesto after people had eaten breakfast. My breakfast was provided by the 'Mistress of the Martlets', Antonia. She was in good spirit and it was a generous gesture on the fund raiser's behalf. I was canvassing youngsters to have a tipple and commit themselves to raising £370 for the Martlets next year. Not bad! (Why £370? No idea...)

micis7.jpg

Antonia gets the glasses 'All up'...

Of course, when important cycling bottlenecks are encountered, dellzeqq is always on hand to foil the uprising...

2vnkj8l.jpg

And that's what caused the sleepiness. We disciples would not want such generosity, such good works and expertise to go to waste. Oh no.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
....aaand.....

Thanks from me to Simon, TECs, wayfinders and chatters for another fine ride. Let it be known that you're never taken for granted. It's been a scrappy year of cycling for me for a number of reasons, so the odd FNRttC has been there to keep me honest.

Liked the route. I noticed a greater ration of decent tarmac than usual, although it was one of the darkest rides I've ever been on. Weird, because it was a fullish moon as well.

frank9755

Cyclist
That's excellent, Simon - congratulations once again!

I notice that in the write-up in their mag they ran out of space and had to truncate the sentence that said

"The Friday Night Ride To The Coast is a monthly guided
ride starting at Hyde Park on the night of each full moon,
with riders travelling to coastal towns for a slap-up
breakfast"

and leave of the final bit which would have read

"washed down with copious amounts of alcohol"

tanya g

Thanks Simon et al another good ride. I haven't been out much on my bike this year and it was nice to get back into it. Looking forward to making a few "warmer" ones next year.

P.s I enjoy wayfinding so always happy to do it (slightly less happy when Ed! and David stop to 'help' me!! as the result is normally sore legs and a missing lung :smile: ).

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Thanks Simon et al another good ride. I haven't been out much on my bike this year and it was nice to get back into it. Looking forward to making a few "warmer" ones next year.

P.s I enjoy wayfinding so always happy to do it (slightly less happy when Ed! and David stop to 'help' me!! as the result is normally sore legs and a missing lung :smile: ).

That turn of speed was impressive enough with one lung!
biggrin.gif

PpPete

Legendary Member
If you're really paranoid as a TEC, bring a GPS. I've got two, the handlebar mounted Garmin GPSMAP 62s, and my Android phone if desperation kicks in! I may not have known the official route to Brighton on Friday, but I could have found a usable one if necessary! I did have three different routes from previous occasions, none of which ultimately bore any resemblance to the ride we did!

Well I did ask Simon for a GPX of the route when I volunteered.... In absence of which I had a useable route programmed on the Legend HCx "just in case" - but you know how it is in the dark on your own, utterly irrational fears come to the fore. Anyway - thanks to excellent waymarking it was not needed.
Note to self.... must download the track & keep for future use...

StuartG

slower but further
Pity the other joint winner wasn't prepared to share the wig ... and is that Claud's jumper you are wearing?

Any hyper congrats and thanks for a great season of rides (8 for me). Sorry to have missed this one. See you in March. Oh and to all others who make this event so enjoyable: TECS, Wayfinders, Drunks (London), Drunks (Destination), Fairies and everyone who shares the dream ...

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Well I did ask Simon for a GPX of the route when I volunteered.... In absence of which I had a useable route programmed on the Legend HCx "just in case" - but you know how it is in the dark on your own, utterly irrational fears come to the fore. Anyway - thanks to excellent waymarking it was not needed.
Note to self.... must download the track & keep for future use...
the thing is..........I change my mind as we go along. It all depends on conditions, and how we're progressing.

Origamist

Legendary Member

Is Ed! the chap on the Condor (with glasses?) and David the guy on the BMC? I lose track of who's who...

Apart from all the frivolity of Friday Night Coasting, there was a serious breach of safety that occured. Thanks to Adrian, it was possible to keep a close eye on the miscreant, but it didn't stop a collision with the tarmac fairly early on in the proceedings - making a bit of a mess I might add...

wuff5e.jpg

User10571 eat your banana heart out - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery apparently...and I'm not telling which one of the bunch this was, although I do tend to pick up snippets of information from this person each time we ride out. Apparently, the crown of my hair could swirl to the left, or to the right as I'm left-handed, but if I was right handed then it would definitely swirl to the right. And, I have a secret chemical which makes me more left-handed than righthanded - so there! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom