FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 21st March - Burnham-on-Crouch via Junction 31

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Still working on srw - hoping to come, and if so, we'll be on the tandem.
Needless to say, the "working" didn't need to be very intense. Email sent. Fingers crossed for a dry night.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
you should have received this message

all aboard!

thankyou for signing up for our first ride of 2014. Here follows the skinny...

1. Please let me know if you're not coming. Our hosts at the Cabin Dairy at Burnham are getting up at silly o'clock to burnish their Burnham Bangers, and they need to know how many chairs and tables to set out.

2. Please get to Hyde Park Corner at 23.40 at the latest and get yourself ticked off the list as soon as you arrive.

3. We'll get to Junction 31 at about 2.45. It's warm, and it has more toilets than you can shake a stick at, but the queues at the food counter are very slow. I'll be taking sandwiches.

4. This looks like being a medium sized ride, with only 46 signed up so far, so we should make decent progress and get to Burnham at about 7

5. Some people will take the train back from Burnham, changing at Wickford. Bear in mind that these are small trains and they only run every 40 minutes. Some people will take the ferry to Wallasea and then go down to Rochford or Southend Victoria, but please be aware that there are no direct trains from Southend Central to London on that day. Southend Victoria trains are running. I'll probably ride fourteen miles up to Witham and take the main line train back to London, and you're welcome to join me. Greater Anglia trains are more expensive than C2C so do remember to Groupsave!!!!

6. Rumours that the ride will go through the Rotherhithe Tunnel are completely unsubstantiated. I know, because I started them. We may go through the Tunnel or we may not, but, if we do, you can tell your kids about it.

Any questions.........get straight back to me

Simon

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
they've not said they're tandemming, but they might be. So it could be four. Or even five.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
[quote
Ben's Girlfriend
Ben P

Nice to have Ben's Girlfriend's CTC number even if I don't know her name. I wonder if that's the first question he asks........[/quote]
I am not privy to all their conversations - & they are presently out riding (training?!) so I cannot ask - but her name is Carly B

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
2957642 said:
Anyone planning on carrying pie?

Sadly it's the wrong day for accessing gala pies. Can't promise alternatives....

Is @vernon on this ride?

Yep, I'll be there.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Adam B
Adrian C
Alice C
Amanda O
Andy M
Angus L
Anne H
Ben P
Carl C
Carly B
Cate R
Charlie B
Charlotte B
Chris C
Claire M
Claudine C
Eddie C
Gary J
Gary K
Gordon P
Greg C
Greg S
Ian At
Jenny M
Jo S
John M
John S
Julian N
Julie G
Kary G
Kieran M
Lee T
Louise M
Luke C
Martin T
Martin W
Mick D
Miranda S
Nick L
Olaf S
Peter L
Peter M
Rachel W
Rebecca O
Ross C
Sam W
Sandra S
Sonia W
Stephen T
Stephen W
Steve W
Stuart A
Stuart G
Susie F
Tim D
Tim O
Titus H
Vernon L
Xi C
David P
Anne M
Frank P
Uta W

the ride might be featured in 'Simpson' magazine (http://www.simpsonmagazine.cc/magazine/). I'll write to you all, but if any of you don't want your photograph to appear in the magazine, do please drop me an e-mail.

Last edited:

AKA Hotlips

Please could you add David Parkinson and myself Anne Marshall. We had emailed Simon some time ago to say that we wanted to do this ride but we seem to have been missed off the list. Many thanks

StuartG

slower but further
the ride might be featured in 'Simpson' magazine (http://www.simpsonmagazine.cc/magazine/). I'll write to you all, but if any of you don't want your photograph to appear in the magazine, do please drop me an e-mail.
If we do want our 100K of fame does that mean ... errr ... we gotta CLEAN our bikes, ensure the cranks are always in line with the seat tube and get the missus to put a crease in our bibs? Is our leader going to give us a steer or is it all complete bullocks?

Top Bottom