FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 22nd October to Whitstable 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
On a one (genteel) to four rating (sporty), where is this, please? It is half-term. Should I fight my corner at slowmotion Towers, or fall at the first hurdle?

Thanks.
I always hope that corners don't have to be fought - but then I'm so very fortunate in having the love of my life come on the ride with me. Presuming this isn't possible I'd say.....

- it does roll, and the turns are wearying. I think that the type of bike you ride makes a difference on this ride - road being better than audax, audax being better than touring, touring being a lot better than anything straightbarred. Having said that, durable tyres are a must. If any ride is a justification of a 12/21 back block then this is most definitely it. I'm shifting continuously, but happily.
- the ride depends on the weather. Clear night, great sunrise, happy memories. Rain, headwind, cold feet, much tiredness, not so happy memories.
- it's easy to be waylaid by the ne'er-do-wells and libertines and spend the morning drinking beer. If your participation depends on a promise of an early (and sober) return then you're going to have to be strong-willed. Check out the rail timetable. It does take time to get back to London.

I always hope that corners don't have to be fought - but then I'm so very fortunate in having the love of my life come on the ride with me. Presuming this isn't possible I'd say.....

- it does roll, and the turns are wearying. I think that the type of bike you ride makes a difference on this ride - road being better than audax, audax being better than touring, touring being a lot better than anything straightbarred. Having said that, durable tyres are a must. If any ride is a justification of a 12/21 back block then this is most definitely it. I'm shifting continuously.
- the ride depends on the weather. Clear night, great sunrise, happy memories. Rain, headwind, cold feet, much tiredness, not so happy memories.
- it's easy to be waylaid by the ne'er-do-wells and libertines and spend the morning drinking beer. If your participation depends on a promise of an early (and sober) return then you're going to have to be strong-willed. Check out the rail timetable.
It does take time to get back to London.

Flying Dodo will be along in a minute to extol the virtues of HS1 - just a footstep away after one stop to Faversham. Back in St Pancras in minutes - not "well, it seemed like a few minutes..."

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Race to the end rather than watch the sunrise over the mist? Priorities gentlemen, priorities.
quite. We've seen some extraordinary sights in those last few miles. My memory is shot to pieces, but I'll take the picture of the sheep to my grave. (memo to self - contact Pavel)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Louise L
Adrian C
Martin T
Stuart A
Matt L
Rich P
Ian A
Ed K
Davy S
Anthony McC
Chris B
Charlie B
Frank P
Rebecca T
Tim D
Susie F
Martin F
Rebecca E - a Martleteer!
Andrij B
Els V
Lee T (what will you be riding, Lee?)
Luke C
Janie K
Gary H
Oscar G
Tessa H
Ross C
Rimas G
User10571 B

rb58

Enigma
Tessa H - who is presently pedalling away in some distant part of Spain has asked me to register her for this. She did the last Whitstable one and also the Martletts adventure, so knows the drill.

I shall be along too please.

Thanks.

Ross

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Tessa H - who is presently pedalling away in some distant part of Spain has asked me to register her for this. She did the last Whitstable one and also the Martletts adventure, so knows the drill.

I shall be along too please.

Thanks.

Ross

Nice one Ross. The SMRbtH starts here...

U

User10571

Me please, Simon.
With the promise of being at HPC a little earlier this time.....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Me please, Simon.
With the promise of being at HPC a little earlier this time.....

Yes, less of the tardiness please User10571..
thumbsup.png

Top Bottom