FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 22nd October to Whitstable 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Major fails... fnrttc 221010 1.JPG fnrttc 221010 2.JPG

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Major fails...[attachment=1226:fnrttc 221010 1.JPG][attachment=1227:fnrttc 221010 2.JPG]

:rofl:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
You're welcome. Did they become zebra like by the end of the ride, or did the spilt beer stains wash that away? :smile:

I really enjoyed that, and felt significantly more spritely than the last attempt - it's amazing what good nutrition beforehand will do for you. It meant I only had one sandwich at the cafe this time, and still had energy bars leftover!

Thanks, as always, to Simon, TECs and way markers. I'm slowly putting names to faces, and equally as slowly making myself known to others.

Ohhhh, I never spill my beer... :whistle: . But many many thanks again. Wore them today, and even though they have been washed, they do look Zebra like... closer inspection reveals crankset teeth mark... dont ask how...

clivedb

Guru
I'd come off the bike on a patch of diesel about two weeks ago, which is what I'm currently blaming for the higher than usual level of knee dodginess. After enforced resting of assorted bruised limbs, I'd done some experimental riding on Thursday and decided that I was okay on the recumbent (my elbow still isn't quite right and objects to more than about half an hour on an upright bike).

My knee started to make its presence felt around Plumstead, though in a non-specific kind of way. By Dartford it was officially Not Happy, rising to actually painful by the time we got to Gravesend. It was an annoying sort of pain that was more to do with being at certain angles rather than the amount of force I was putting on it, so spinning a low gear, while probably wise, didn't really make it hurt any less.

As the ride got to the good bit on the road out to Higham, I was in rather a lot of pain and not in any state to appreciate it properly. I decided that I was unlikely to make it all the way to Whitstable without damaging something, and even if I did, it would be a fairly slow and miserable affair. When we got to Rochester I realised that I could barely walk, which decided it. Consulting the internets revealed that the trains back to London were already running from the station just round the corner, so I bailed.

Sorry about your knee - I can sympathise as I have had a knee problem since late August and wasn't too sure about Friday's ride. I was particularly concerned as Adrian suggested beforehand that if I couldn't continue I could be shot and left in a ditch. Glad you escaped that and hope you recover soon.

Sorry about your knee - I can sympathise as I have had a knee problem since late August and wasn't too sure about Friday's ride. I was particularly concerned as Adrian suggested beforehand that if I couldn't continue I could be shot and left in a ditch. Glad you escaped that and hope you recover soon.

I'm sure Adrian said we would ditch you when the ride shot left. No-one would do that to you Clive...at least, not until you had pedalled your bike somewhere near a station...:rolleyes:

Forgot I took this picture at London Bridge. Not sure who the riders in the picture are though. If anyone wants the full hi-res pic please let me know.
Tim

20ni2h.jpg

One of them is Martin235 - he look shard :smile:

Nice photo Tim. Is it 'Rebecca' at left, Titus' friend? Damien at the rear (who suffered a broken spoke)...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Oh yeah forgot to say thanks to AdrianC on the trains stuff. Good to have someone that knows. Got me back to where I was going.

I found it a tough one this time, feeling tired and dozing off at every stop, sometimes on the bike. Nevertheless, this is still one of my favourite outings and I thank Simon, helpers and riders for making it an incredible experience as always.

I can't make the Brighton run, so am already looking forward to Southend. It was a relief when I saw the correction being made to the FNRttC blog, so till March!

Here is my usual post ride blog post: My link

martint235

Dog on a bike
One of them is Martin235 - he look shard :smile:

Nice photo Tim. Is it 'Rebecca' at left, Titus' friend? Damien at the rear (who suffered a broken spoke)...

Sorry not me. Although even I thought the one in the cap might be me but then I noticed there was hair..... :tongue:

^ The blog above is one of the most descriptive and 'readable' that one could wish to read. I advise bookmarking it for those long, dull evenings when you want to 'go cycling' on 'paper'. The Sportsman adventure is a lovely, rounded story - very creative thinking.

Lovely writing Els.

Top Bottom