FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 22nd October to Whitstable 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
sure?

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'll do anything to hide my nose in photographs! :smile:
We were all pretty scary by that stage...even Big Martin was looking for arm warmers!

That's a horrible thing to say!!!! :tongue:

In truth I think my kit didn't do too badly on the night, overheated a couple of times but comfortable for most of it.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Thankyouthankyouthankyou to Simon, TECs and markers for another very enjoyable Whitstable run.

I'm terrible with names, but met some more nice and interesting people, so I apologise in advance if I can't recall your name next time.

Nice to see Andy's offering a veggie option.

The back wheel slippage in the wet on some of the climbs was a bit disconcerting. Came very close to bailing when we passed Sittingbourne train station.

Must and will invest in waterproof socks/gloves before Brighton.

Bit pissed off that I had a long ride out of London to home because AGAIN LUL shut 2/3rds of the network for the weekend.

U

User482

User482, a pleasure to meet. I trust that you have all the forum suggestions remembered and will put them into action, because I sure as hell don't.

Likewise. Though sadly, all I can remember of that conversation is laughing like a drain. Maybe theClaud can help?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
IMG_0675.JPG

Hey! Where'd you get a cardboard cutout Ianrauk from? Or was it part of the halloween dressing for Andy Snacks?

A fine figure of a man.....that 'teef... I'm not too bad either..
tongue.gif

http://picasaweb.goo...CKHX1Pbhh8StxQE#

now with added captions - I hope I got the names right!

Apologies to Charlie - shaken due to operator error!

biggrin.gif
great captions

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Looking at the sun shining in with its warming glow through my office window, its quite hardly to believe that only 56 hours ago a following of quite amazing, decicated and loyal proportions were congregrating at Hyde Park Corner, wrapped up in a mutlitude of layers and colours, and also adding nice new white over shoe booties I should add too, awating the saftey talk and off at midnight for what is mine, and am quite sure others too, favourite night ride. I love this ride, simple as.

However, 56 hours later and am still suffering with memory loss, dehydration and loss of items, but still smiling and giggling to myself, which is seemingly off-putting to my work colleagues. Its seems that their reccomendation for a straight jacket for even going on these rides has now been compounded. They swear am going nuts, I say am living.

The ride itself was quite a chilled and calm one for me. Floating at the back and just mooching along, while taking in the scenery, sights and smells, I seem to enter a trance like state and enjoy the ride in my own little world. Watching the trail of lights rising and failing really does bring a smile. And as has been said, once your wet and its still raining, your not going to get any wetter. Thankfully, it was not that chilly. I find once at Faverham, its all very easy going. The 'sprint', did not really happen for me. I stretched my legs a bit but not much was in the tank to keep me going. Even seeing the grand master of sprint himself and my nemesis, Matt, creap up on and over take me, I realised I was toast and gratiously succumbed to defeat... theres always another time..

Andys Cafe and The Waterproof, sorry, Waterfront do a sterling job and without them, the tecs, waymarkers and our esteamed, rides like this just will not happen. As said before, many many thanks.

I have a bit of a blur about what happened saturday and sunday, but I can remember a great day, sorry, morning and day of drinking, chatting and more drinking. We even drunk the Waterfront dry of Hobgoblin and Bombardier! Days like these are special. I dont actually remember getting on the train... or getting too the train.. or paying for a ticket? or much of the Journey home.. but I do remember going for a hunt of kebab and booze on the train and finding a joyful large group of young twenty years old in playful mood and high spirits on their way to Brixton Academy for some grunge feast and I duly invited myself to join their party. They did call me Mr. Spandex however... I paid for booze, I insisted, and we had drinking games involving chocolates, crisps and booze, all mixed together. I thought it was a wise idea too, purely to "warm the cockles" of course, to share a bottle of JD with one of the girlies.. I completely forgot how harsh straight spirits taste, but not to be out done, I continued... Now, am at a loss again now, as not only did I manage to loose my sunglasses ( i think they were broken and I chucked them?) but my padlock too?? I must thank Luke for leading the way home, as to be frank, I hadnt a clue. We briefly lost each other and then pulled alongside each other a mile later and ruptured into a high pitched girlie giggle that even magnatom would have been proud off. Traffic was heavy and we lost each other for the final time but as Luke knows, I was fine from there on home. It seems, according to the wrappers that my housemate had cleaned up, I had brought half the contents of the local fish and chips shop and munched most of a carrot cake too... either way, everything is still at a loss, but what a wonderful way of having a great loss, or, well, as I prefer, a gain of a great day.

Andrij

Über Member
... Now, am at a loss again now, as not only did I manage to loose my sunglasses ( i think they were broken and I chucked them?) but my padlock too??

Davy,

Yes, your shades were busted, so assume you chucked them. No idea bout the padlock.

As for me, I remember everything about the ride, except for the bits when I was asleep. No idea how I was fortunate enough to wake up as the doors opened at Stratford.

Less rain would have been nice, but I still enjoyed the ride (and the after bits!).

Roll on 2011!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Davy,

Yes, your shades were busted, so assume you chucked them.

Yep you almost stabbed yourself in the eye with the broken stem (or whatever its called). At the village with the brown, wooden building (shed but kinda tudor design) in it, you said you were keeping them for the time being.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Thanks guys. Yup, in my said state, I must have thought it was wise to ditch the shades rather than risk the loss of my left eye...

How quite mature I am becoming..:rolleyes:

Top Bottom