FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 22nd October to Whitstable 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Really enjoyable jaunt this one despite the changeable weather and as we knew about that beforehand it's hard to complain too much. Four layers seemed like overdressing at times but just right for most of the time. A good route out of London to Whitstable, always nice to cycle past the 'big' landmarks. Really lovely country lanes for a lot of the ride, fairly gentle with a few uphills. As always it's the company that makes these rides and there was plenty of good humour throughout. Good cafe stop and an excellent brekkie, even though I was on the 'table that waiters forgot', all swilled down proper with a couple of beers.

Both sides of train travel on display. Good: the ticket lady who let us have the rail discount for, I'm assuming, User10571's card (thanks User10571!) despite the fact he didn't know and had left the ticket office. Bad: the guard who told us that there were no bike spaces in the four carriages they attached at Faversham even though there bloody well were, tosser!

Thanks, Simon and wayfinders, special thanks to telesonic for the lift and rich p for the sing-song and hill climbing lessons.

Nice to see everyone and as I can't make the Brighton run, see you all next year.

Happy Christmas! (Matt©)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I've just had an e-mail from Martin B, who, as you will remember, called me from hospital on Friday night. He's up and about and wants to come to Brighton.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Gutted I didn't make it. Please accept my sincerest apology, Simon, for the late withdrawal. There's no way I would have made it through the night - I was shattered. Out like a light by 10 and not to be roused until gone 9 in the morning.

Next time (if I'm not persona non grata after this time) I'll book the day off work to avoid the possibility of being shafted by my feckless colleagues like that again.

TimO

Guru
Towards the end of the ride, on the level crossing, I helped out with a fairy visitation, and inflated the tyre with my CO[sub]2[/sub] inflater. I hope whoever's bicycle it was is reading this, or knows that CO[sub]2[/sub] in bicycle tyres tend to leak out a lot faster than air, so the tyre is likely to go flat a lot faster than normal. This is normal, and not the sign of another hole!
"

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
...these photos may provoke some fond memories...

IMG_0675.JPG

Hey! Where'd you get a cardboard cutout Ianrauk from? Or was it part of the halloween dressing for Andy Snacks?

'Schnozzelldeqq' has a certain 'je ne sais quoi' about it :smile:

Top Bottom